Chapter 5

Darius:

She intrigues me.

She seemed shy at first but then as time went on, she became more relaxed. More open.

She still hadn't picked up on any of the suggestive tones I used. Or maybe she did and just ignored them.

Either way, I think that was probably the first time I've interacted with a girl without her falling over herself to talk to me or being suggestive herself.

She's a breath of fresh fucking air.

And my newest pastime is going to be to keep on breathing in her clean oxygen and seeing if I can get intoxicated off of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not into her like that. I'm not trying to date her or get into a relationship - that's not really my thing -. But I do enjoy having fun. And that is exactly what I'm going to have with the little darling I'll be spending most of my evenings with for the next few months.

A knock sounds on my door, breaking off my thoughts.

"Come in."

"Hey, sweetheart." My mom's voice filters into my bedroom as she opens the door.

"Hi, mom."

"Are you still in bed?"

"I'll get up in a minute."

"Okay, well, I just wanted to ask if you had plans tonight."

"Not really, why?" I sit up and lean my back against the headboard.

She walks over to my bed and sits on the edge. "Your dad is coming home early."

"Seriously?" I smile and she nods, brushing away some of the strands of hair that have fallen onto my forehead.

"Mhm. He wants to do something with us. He said that you can choose. And that Oakley can come, too." 

"I'll think about it and text him."

"Okay, Львенок." (Little lion)

She strokes my cheek with her thumb and smiles, though I sense a shine of worry in her eyes.

"What?"

"Is everything good with you, моя любовь?" (My love)

"Yeah, why?"

"Вы уверены?" (Are you sure?)

"I'm sure."

"You've just seemed a little tired lately."

"It's just boredom. Going back to school does that. But I'm fine. я обещаю." (I promise)

"Okay." She leans in and kisses me on the forehead. "I have to go and meet a client but both me and your dad will be here when you get back."

"Alright."

"I love you."

"Love you." I reply as she closes the door on her way out.

I scroll on my phone for about fifteen minutes longer before getting up and readying myself for school.

When I arrive, I park in my designated spot and am met with Oakley who is sat atop of his hood.

"You fucker."

"What?" I get out and go to sit next to him.

"You didn't text me back."

"When?" I scoff.

"Last night. Where were you?"

"I told you yesterday at lunch. I was with my project partner for Miss Delaney's class."