Chapter 62

Darius:

Creeping up into the late night, I start to make the journey to Tella's house to take her home after the party that we decided to go to after nonstop calls and messages from the three shitheads who I, for some reason, call my friends.

When we got there, Oak was already practically wasted, performing like a fucking rockstar school boy to One Direction's Rock Me. Thrusting his hips on every mention of the title in the chorus and surrounded by nearly every person in the vicinity while they all cheered and sang along, entertaining his theatrics.

Did I mention he was on a table?

And the most comical thing about it all? He sounded fucking great. Not a line out of tune.

Now, the man doesn't take up a habit of serenading or anything, but while other drunk people have their odd traits, and while he also does do some crazy fucking shit with alcohol pumping through his veins, Oakley Oscar Wilde likes to put on a fucking show. Singing to whatever song is playing, whether that be blaring from a speaker or in his head.

I leant back against a far wall, encasing Tella to me with one arm around her stomach and another around her shoulders.

When Oak pulled an equally drunk Jeremy onto the hardwood, it became a fucking duet. Because he also sang perfectly in note.

Tells looked up at me and asked if I also had the gift that they so very clearly shared and in response, I raised the hand that was resting on her shoulder and covered her mouth, refocusing on the performance.

When the song was over, they both spotted us and immediately jumped down from the table, walking straight to us from the path that the crowd had automatically created for them.

"My friends!" Oakley exclaimed. "You're here!"

"Hi." Donatella grinned at them. "You two like one direction?"

I snorted and lowered my face to the top of her head to hide my amusement. I fucking love it when she jumps out of her sweet regular character and adds some sass to her tongue.

I like to think I'm part of the reason she's able to do that.

They both paused and removed their sunglasses, did I also forget to mention that they were both wearing sunglasses? then simultaneously begin to deny it.

"Pshh. What?" Oak said as they looked at one another and then back at us.

"What's One Direction." Jere tilted his head.

"Yeah, we don't even know what that is."

"Yeah. Like, what? Are they some British boy band from a decade ago who's music still hits and had Harry Styles as one of their five members."

Oakley cleared his throat. "We wouldn't know."

"No." 

"And we definitely don't listen to them."

"Never."

"So..."

"So yeah..."

Donatella was giggling at their drunken mess of a convincing act and if I weren't too busy rolling my eyes at the same thing, I would've taken a few extra moments to admire the sound.

She has such a pretty fucking laugh.

"Is this what you called us here for?" I quirked a brow.