Chapter 55

Darius:

"So, are you two cool or what?" Oakley asks, leaning forward on one of the couches in our getaway room at school, an Xbox remote in his hand and pressing on the controls, murdering three zombies in one go.

I'm lay back on another couch, my head resting over the side of it and my legs stretched out across it. Jeremy is also here, mirroring my posture on the opposite sofa.

Lee isn't here, right now. He's busy in class, refusing to skip with us because he has a test tomorrow, can you fucking believe it. I mean, we skip at least half the time and Oak receives straight A's at the end of the semester while Jere and I get a good range of A's and B's. And that's without any persuasion from our last names and or bank accounts.

But he's always been like this so we can't really blame him. The responsible one, as Oakley likes to call him.

"Who are you talking to?" I reply whilst texting my father back. He's wondering whether I have time to go to one of his warehouses and beat up some deranged mole who thought that leaking the company's information to one of our rivals was a good fucking idea. It wasn't.

But I'm currently on a mission to fully win back the love of my life. So no, dad. I don't have the time.

"You, smartass." He remarks.

"What? Me and Jeremy? I don't know." I look over at him, seeing him engrossed in his phone. "Are we cool?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. I'm still pretty hurt that you wouldn't share your coffee with me this morning."

"My sincerest apologies."

"Apology not accepted."

I roll my eyes. "If I get you one next time, will you accept it?"

"That depends."

"On what?"

"If you get my order right."

"Fine."

"Okay, we're cool."

"We're cool." I aim my words at Oakley, turning back to my own device.

It's not two seconds later that I drop it onto my lap, due to a pillow hitting my face.

"You know who I'm taking about, dipshit."

I sigh, gazing up at the ceiling.

"We're not not good. Things are just complicated. We still want to be together but she needs time to properly heal herself. She's the one who remembered everything and suffered while I forgot that she fucking existed."

"But you're still together?"

"Of course we are. I'm not fucking letting her go."

"You should watch out for that guy in her social studies class, then. What was his name...?"

"Noah." I practically snarl. So he noticed that at some point too, huh? Fucking Noah. More like no, period. I fucking knew he had eyes for my girl.

"Yeah. I overheard him talking about her in the library before I came here. Said that he thought she was hot as fuck. That he couldn't wait to take that ass."

My jaw clenches, my hands balling into fists.

"I punched him in the face. Told him to watch his mouth and remember who she's dating. He walked out of there like a little bitch."

"Good." So that explains the forming black eye.

I'm sorry, Tells. But me and my knives are going to have some fun with him.