Chapter 16

Donatella:

My eyes blink open, a small yawn caught in my throat.

I burrow further into my bed, moving the covers over my head.

Wait...

I sit up, looking at my surroundings, which happen to be my bedroom.

I don't remember getting home last night.

Come to think of it, I don't remember leaving ballet practice. Or my usual meeting with Darius, either.

My brows furrow as I touch my forehead and as soon as I do,  a memory of Darius doing the same thing flashes through my head.

Oh. Now I remember what happened.

Hold on.

Did he... take me home?

All I can recall is him offering me a gentle lecture about telling him whenever I feel ill.

I did feel rather sick yesterday but I thought I could handle a few more hours of being out. Perhaps that was a bad idea.

Glancing down, I notice that I'm still in my dance clothes. Well, of course I am. It's not like he'd change me or anything.

Woah. Okay. I'm not sure why images of him doing exactly that just popped into my head but I'm just going to pretend that they didn't.

I smooth the hair atop my head, running my hand through the strands.

Ugh, if I didn't come home between those two events, that means I didn't shower.

Yesterday's practice didn't cause me to sweat a lot, it was mostly a flexibility workout. Though, I'm pretty sure I stopped halfway through and took a seat on the sofa because I felt dizzy.

Which obviously concluded with me falling into a deep nap. Which is then how Darius found me.

I feel like I should be embarrassed but my head is still way too fuzzy for that. The feeling may kick in later, though. I guess we'll just wait and see.

I push myself out of bed and slide my feet into the slippers beside my bed, making my way to my closet.

I find my ballet bag on one of the chairs and walk up to it, unzipping the seal and seeing my phone right at the top of my things.

Taking it out, I check the time to see that it's already moon.

I turn around to pick out a comfy outfit before leaving the closet to enter my bathroom, where I take a shower, complete all of my routines and get changed.

Emerging, feeling slightly less sluggish, i decide that it's be a good idea to thank Darius for what he did last night.

Cuddling up on one of my sofas, I lay a blanket over my legs and switch on my phone.

Me
Hey. I just wanted to thank you for bringing me home yesterday. You didn't have to do that.

After a minute of silence, I decide that he must be busy and instead, turn on my tv.

I put on the first episode of True Beauty, one of my comfort shows, especially when I'm sick. Not to mention, one of my favourite K-dramas in general.

A quarter way through the first episode, there's a knock on my door and I hit pause.

"Come in."

A maid, Alice, walks in and stops short when she sees me. "You're awake."

"I woke up not too long ago." I explain. "Then I had a shower and sat down. I still feel a little drowsy."