Chapter 26

Donatella:

Butterflies flutter in my stomach as he circles my waist with his arms.

I gasp as he lifts me up, our chests melding together and lips now centimetres apart.

His eyes bore into mine and I can't look away.

He's shirtless. My pulse races while I feel his smooth skin and the heat radiating off of him.

My legs wrap around his middle and he squeezes my thighs, causing my blood to scorch me from the inside out.

"Tella." He whispers against my mouth. 

"Yes?" My voice is barely audible. It quivers and I'm not sure whether it's because of our close proximity or the unmistakable feeling that's pulsing through my core.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Everything." He murmurs.

I wet my lips with my tongue and his eyes track the movement.

He presses his forehead to mine and I almost stop breathing altogether.

"Darling." His lips brush over mine.

"Darius." I breathe, against his.

"Close your eyes."

I do as I'm told. Allowing my lids to block my vision.

A moment later, I feel the cool surface of a wall behind me and the intensity of his presence increases.

"Keep them closed."

I do.

Then, I feel his mouth again.

It whispers over my own once. Twice. And then I feel him lean ever so slightly closer...

Creak.

The sound of my bedroom door opening has my eyes shooting wide in an instant.

I'm in a hot sweat. My heartbeat racing out of control and the space between my legs pulsing.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Ohmygod.

Did I just have a hot dream about a boy who doesn't even remember being my best friend?

Wait.

Who opened my bedroom door?

I hear it close again and my body grows tense.

Who's in my room?

None of the maids or staff have ever come in my room during the night unless I called for them. My own mother hasn't, either. She goes to sleep early and not even a typhoon could wake her.

But how did someone even get in here?  We have security systems everywhere. My dad ensured that his wife and daughter had the safest place to stay while he's away.

Oh no. What if I get...?

I think I'm going to throw up.

My heated blood runs cold and dread pools deep in my stomach.

I try and hold my breath, not sure what it'll do but doing it nonetheless.

I hear a shuffle still near the door but then footsteps sound closer until the person is right next to my bed.

That's when I smell it.