Chapter 41

Donatella:

"What does that mean?" I whisper to Darius.

"What is the matter with you?" I hear Althea scolding him.

"What?" He asks innocently.

"It doesn't mean anything." Dare says.

"I just told you not to scare her."

"I didn't. Pinkie Pie, did I scare you?"

Not wanting to seem small, I shake my head.

"See? She's fine. I obviously didn't mean anything by it. Why have you been so mean to me today?"

Althea rolls her eyes.

"So." This comes from Lucas. "What's Darius like when he's with you? Is he still the cold, unbothered jackass he usually is?"

"Luca." Madelaina chastises him. "Non dirlo." (Don't say that.)

"Cosa c'è di sbagliato in quello che ho detto? era solo una domanda, principessa." (What's wrong with what I said? It was just a question, princess."

She smacks his arm and faces me. "Ignore him."

"Actually." Oakley pipes up. "I, for one, would love to answer this question."

"Wilde." Darius warns but this does nothing to deter his friend.

"He's like an adorable little puppy. He follows her around. He watches her all the time. He speaks to her in this calm, non hateful voice."

"Damn." Angel whistles. "Our brother has found his girl."

I feel my cheeks heat and meld further into Darius.

"No arguments, Ford?" Madden quirks a brow.

"Nope."

"So you admit you've become a little bitch?" Angel questions.

"No more than you have." Dare retorts.

"How dare you-" He starts but Althea turns her gaze on him and he deflates almost immediately. "- Make such a valid point. Baby, have I told you how gorgeous you are, today?"

She smiles and pecks his lips. "That makes three."

Luca snorts and the couple whirl on him.

"Don't act like you're any different, Agosti." She tilts her head.

"Yeah. Remember the other day when you bought princess an entire new Van Cleef collection because you thought that she was upset with you?"

Luca frowns and looks at his girlfriend.

"It was sweet." She cups his face with one hand before brandishing it at the same time that Althea does with one of her wrists. "And now me and Thea have matching bracelets."

"Speaking of jewellery," Althea faces me. "I love that pendant. Cartier?"

"Mhm." I nod.

"We should go shopping sometime." She suggests and the invitation eases me a little.

"Are you going to race?" I ask Darius in a low voice.

He shakes his head. "Not tonight. I'm not leaving you."

The confirmation relaxes me almost fully and I think he can tell because he holds me tighter, kissing my head.

"How sweet." Oak pats his heart. "Look at them."

""Hey, what about you, Wilde?" Angel nods at him with his chin. "Shall we expect you to be next?"

"What is this, a fucking waiting list? I'm perfectly fine with being just as I am, thank you very much. Jere will probably get held down before I do."