Chapter 20

Darius:

I didn't expect to argue with an old lady today but I honestly can't say that I regret it.

All I wanted was to prove that I didn't hurt Donatella and she goes and insults me?

No fucking way am I letting someone do that without saying something back. Let alone a fucking grandma.

That woman was out of pocket. I didn't even do anything.

Perhaps it was a bit childish but I couldn't just let her say shit like that. Especially in front of Donatella.

Whatever. A bitchy old lady isn't ruining my day.

Once I reach the rink, I go to walk in but guys are already walking out.

"What's going on?" I ask Jeremy as he exits the building, bag slung over his shoulder.

"Practice is cancelled."

"Why?"

"Coach had a family emergency."

"Everything okay?"

"I'm not sure. He'll let us know."

I nod and we fall into step as we go back to the parking lot.

"What are you going to do now?"

"Probably go home." He sighs. "I'm fucking tired."

"Thought you'd have girls lined up." I joke.

"No, no. I do. I just have a bunch of homework to get done. Gotta keep up the grades to stay on the team."

"Right."

"But when I've finished said homework..."

"At least your priorities are up there."

"Unlike yours. Mr I Want To Sleep With A Girl Who Doesn't Know My True Intentions And Will Probably Be Left Heartbroken."

"Keep your fucking voice down." I hiss, looking forward.

There's that unusually apparent pang of guilt again.

"The truth is the truth." He holds up a hand.

"You mean the truth about you being a giant womaniser?"

"Speak for yourself." He scoffs. "I'm not the one who's own mother called him a whore."

Goddamn it, ma.

"Fuck off." I push his shoulder and he laughs, walking backwards to his car. "Truth hurts."

I flip him off as I make the rest of the way to my own car. I debate whether to go home or not. I could probably get some homework done, too. Or... I may have a more enjoyable idea.

Driving back to Donatella's ballet building, I get out and go straight in.

My eyes slide to the old lady and hers do the same. She looks at me with a strong animosity and I assume I appear the same because her eyes narrow further.

"And just where might you think you're going?" She questions as I approach the counter and left staircase.

"None of your business." I reply simply. Breezing right past and ascending the stairs.

"I should have you thrown out of here." She grits.

"I'd love to see you try." I grin back at her before turning around and navigating the halls, finding the room that I found her in last week.

I peek inside and find her standing in the middle of the room.

She's got her arms over her head, holding onto her leg as she balances on the other. Then, she lets it go, spinning with the leg still on the ground and ending in a bowing position with her body bent towards the floor.