Chapter 1

Nothing lasts forever...

Currently, I am sitting in the car with my earphones on, listening to music, and admiring the view of the new city we have relocated to.

I had to leave everything behind - my friends, my school, and my childhood home - when my dad got a new job in Korea.

I'm very excited to be here yay...

As I sat in the car lost in my thoughts, a sudden knock on the window jolted me back to reality. Startled, I turned to see my dad standing outside, motioning for me to roll down the window. With a deep sigh, I pressed the button and the window slowly slid down, allowing the cool evening breeze to enter the car. "Come on Jimin, we've arrived," my dad said with a warm smile as he walked towards the house, I quickly gathered my things and stepped out of the car, my eyes scanning the unfamiliar surroundings. As I followed my dad towards the house

As I gazed at the house, I couldn't help but admire its beauty "It's quite nice," I thought to myself, feeling a sense of awe.

Suddenly, my mother's voice jolted me back to reality. "Jimin, why are you standing there?" she asked with a hint of concern in her voice. "Let's get inside," she added, ushering me towards the entrance.

-

It's common for there to be a dispute about who gets the best room. In my case, my sister Aeri won and got the nicer room. I ended up with the smaller room, but I'm okay with it. Despite being older than her, she doesn't show me any respect. Nevertheless, I still love her. Life would be dull without my sister, and I appreciate having her in my life.

Anyway enough talking about my sister...

As I was lost in thought, my mother called out my name, "Jimin, it's time to eat." I snapped out of my daze and made my way downstairs. Upon reaching the kitchen, my mother informed me that we hadn't done our grocery shopping yet, so she had ordered Chinese food for us.

-

After finishing our meal, I walked back to my room feeling a little tired. I lay down on my bed and picked up my phone to scroll through my social media feed. However, my attention was diverted when I heard a faint sound coming from outside. I was curious to know what it was, so I got up from my bed and walked towards the window. As I peered outside, I noticed a girl sitting on the porch of her house, crying softly. Her face was red and tears were streaming down her cheeks. I wondered what could have caused her so much distress and felt an urge to help her.

As went to her, she was sitting alone sobbing. Although I had never met her before, I felt a pang of sympathy and decided to approach her. "Are you okay?" I asked softly, not wanting to startle her. She jolted in surprise at the sound of my voice. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," I quickly added. She looked at me with teary eyes, silently pleading for someone to talk to her. Awkwardly, I asked, "May I sit here?" and gestured to the empty spot beside her. She looked down and nodded, wiping her tears away.

"Why were you crying?"

"..."

"It's okay, you can talk to me"

"..."

"It's great when you let all of your emotions out, you know"

"..."

I sighed and stood up, realizing that she seemed unwilling to share anything with me. Considering that we had just met and weren't particularly close, I didn't expect her to tell me everything. Feeling defeated, I apologized for bothering her and started to walk away. Just as I was about to leave, she finally spoke up.

I feel like you'll end up disliking me, just like everyone else... Including my parents.

"Why would I hate you?" I asked as I sat back down next to her.

"I came out to my parents today.." She started to reveal more about herself. "My dad slapped me and he took away my phone" Her tears were wiped away by her. "he even locked me in the room but I ran..." She pointed to the open window. "I jumped out of there" She looked at me "You probably regret talking to me now"

I replied to her, 'Why would I?'

"I am disgusting because I like girls just like what my dad told me" A tear rolled down from her eyes."And a failure"

"I don't care about that... And you're not a failure at all" She looked shocked by what I said "What I care about is that your father slapped you and that's disgusting. He is a jerk for doing that to you. And about you liking girls, who cares? love is love"

"Thank you. That means a lot. My mother said to give my dad time," she smiled.

That's great. Let's give him some time. But if he hits you again, I'll murder him for hitting this beautiful face." She blushed and laughed. "By the way, I'm Jimin. I forgot to introduce myself. Sorry"

"I'm Ningning. Nice to meet you." We shook hands.

"Well, Ningning, it's getting late. I need to go home, or my mom will scold me," I stood up. "I hope to see you again, and please go home safely." I smiled at her and walked home.

-

"I tried to close the front door quietly," I thought to myself. Suddenly, a voice startled me, "Where were you?" I jumped in surprise.

"I almost had a heart attack"I dramatically put my hands over my chest "I was taking a walk outside" lies.

"At this time?" my mom said.

"..."

"Just go to sleep, don't forget you have school tomorrow." I nodded and went to my room. There are still boxes in my room, but it's too late to take the stuff out now. I threw myself on the bed and closed my eyes.

Today was interesting...