chapter 9

They walked hand in hand in silence. "This is what I've been dreaming of since I started liking you," she said with a smile. Jimin blushed, and the younger girl looked at her. "Hey, Jimin," she said. "I've been meaning to ask you this since I started courting you." They stopped walking, and Ryujin held Jimin's hands. "Will you be my girlfriend?" This was the moment Jimin had been waiting for all of her life.

Her dreams finally became true "I'd love to be your girlfriend" They hugged tight and when they pulled out ryujin had her hands on Jimin's waist as she pulled her closer to the point that their nose were touching. Jimin thinks that her heart is going to burst out of her chest.

They stayed like this for one minute until Ryujin leaned in and captured Jimin's lips in hers.

Jimin felt empty despite her dreams coming true. She expected fireworks and butterflies, but felt the opposite.

After Ryujin pulled back from kissing Jimin, she looked at her with concern and asked if she was okay or if she regretted what happened. There was a sense of disappointment in her voice.

Jimin shook her head quickly, "No, I'm just really happy," but the words felt forced as they left her mouth. Ryujin smiled and leaned in to kiss her again. Jimin kissed back this time, but it still felt forced. She tried to convince herself that it was just nerves.

-

"You like who?!"

"Did you say yes?" minjeong wished that the older girl had said no.

"I mean, I've been waiting for this moment all my life. So, I said yes, and we are official now," Minjeong saw a glint in Jimin's eyes after she said that. However, Minjeong was hurt, but she pretended to be happy and excited.

"That's great! I hope you both find happiness," she said with a forced smile. She realized her crush on Jimin was fleeting and could easily fade away if she tried to move on.

"Anyway, enough talking about me," she smirked, and Minjeong wondered what Jimin had on her mind. "Who do you like? I didn't hear you." Minjeong thought to herself, "Oh yeah, I forgot about that." Now, what was she going to say?

"I- no one" jimin gave her a suspicious look.

"Are they coming to our school?" Jimin persists, but Minjeeong decides to respond.

"Yes," she wasn't lying.

"Do you have the same classes as them?" minjeong nodded.

"Sometimes"

"Are they attractive?" minjeong blushed and nodded. "Oooh" jimin smirked, "why do you like them?" minjeong sighed.

"That's what I ask myself all the time," Jimin frowned. "Why do I like them? I don't know, but they're close to me, and I'm afraid of ruining our friendship." She looked Jimin in the eye. "I like someone who doesn't like me back and thinks of me as a friend." She looked down again. "It's okay; I'll move on quickly," hopefully.

"Ouch, that must hurt," Minjeong nodded. But then Jimin gasped loudly, which scared Minjeong. She thought that Jimin knew she liked her and had made it too obvious.

But then...

"Is it ningning?" what?

"Okay, that's enough. Get out of my house, I want to sleep," she said as she pulled Jimin off the couch and pushed her towards the front door.

"I just arrived," Jimin said while laughing at Minjeong. "I knew it was Ning. Don't worry about your secret, it's safe with me. I'll keep my mouth shut." She pretended to zip her mouth and threw the key away.