Chapter 26

After Minjeong was dropped off, she went into the cafe and saw Hyunjin. It had been a long time since she last saw him and she missed him. "Good afternoon," she greeted and hugged Hyunjin, who hugged her back.

"You haven't been coming to work lately. I was so lonely," he dramatically said. She smacked his head in a joking manner and went to the locker to change into her uniform.

They started working, but while working, Minjeong noticed that Hyunjin was distracted and almost got into trouble with some customers. "I didn't order chocolate in it," this guy yelled at Hyunjin, and Minjeong stepped in to try to solve the problem.

"I understand and I apologize, sir. We will prepare another one for free," said Minjeong to the angry customer.

The customer glared at Minjeong and pointed at her, saying, "You better move fast because you ruined my day and wasted my time." He then pushed her slightly.

Minjeong gritted her teeth "Get your hands off me and sit and wait until we prepare your food" The customer finally walked away and sat down at his table. Though she was used to dealing with difficult customers, this one had gotten on her nerves. She looked over at Hyunjin, who was looking down with guilt "Don't worry, it was just a mistake. We'll fix it," she reassured him.

"I'm sorry I was distracted," he said. Minjeong told him to sit and rest for a while, and she would serve the customers. "I have something to tell you," he said after Minjeong served the last customer.

"What is it?" Minjeong asked as she took a seat in front of him.

"I'm leaving," Hyunjin said, and Minjeong frowned, waiting for more explanation. "My siblings are both away, and I want to be with them because there is nothing I can do here. I am leaving tomorrow with Jaehyun." Minjeong was sad because Hyunjin was good company, but now she wouldn't see him again. "I came here today to say goodbye because you have been a great friend. You have made me not feel lonely, and you never left me out of things," Hyunjin continued. Minjeong felt touched by his words.

"Come here," she said as she stood up and opened her arms. He quickly stood up and wrapped his arms around her. "I am going to miss you. Not seeing you every time I walk into the cafe will take a long time to adjust to." They pulled back and he started working for the last time before he could leave tomorrow.

-

After working for a few hours, Minjeong said goodbye to Hyunjin and hugged him before leaving. She planned to walk home but was suddenly startled when someone covered her eyes from behind. She panicked but before she could scream, a familiar voice called out, "Guess who am I?"

It was Jimin who removed her hands from Minjeong's eyes and turned her around to face her. Minjeong playfully smacked Jimin's shoulder and said, "You scared me! I thought I was getting kidnapped." Jimin laughed and Minjeong asked her why she was there since she didn't seem to have taken a break today.

"I am here to take you on a date," she said, and Minjeong blushed.

"A date?" Jimin nodded. "But I need to change my clothes and get ready," Minjeong said as she looked at herself. She was a mess.

"Don't worry, you are beautiful," Jimin confessed as she kissed Minjeong's cheek and gripped her hands. "Now come on, let's go," Jimin said, and Minjeong didn't have time to process as Jimin already dragged her to the car.

Minjeong was sitting in the passenger seat, gazing out of the car window, while Jimin was driving. She couldn't help but wonder where they were headed. "Where are we going?" she asked Jimin curiously.

"It's a secret," Jimin replied, flashing a playful smile at Minjeong. She then grasped Minjeong's hand and placed a gentle kiss on it, making Minjeong's heart skip a beat.