Chapter 22

It's a good thing Minjeong didn't have any classes today and decided to take a day off from work, as she had a double date planned with Jimin and Ryujin. Despite questioning why she found herself in this situation, she hoped it would only last for today.

When Somi walked into Minjeong's room and saw clothes scattered all over the floor, she joked, "I was going to ask if you're okay, but I can already guess the answer." Somi then approached Minjeong, who was lying flat on the bed, gazing at the ceiling.

Minjeong suddenly sat up on the bed, surprising Somi. "This is insane. Let's just call and tell them the truth," she exclaimed, glancing at the clothes on the floor. "I don't even know what to wear. I'm so nervous. It's like I'm going on a date with Jimin, but in reality, it's a double date with Jimin and her girlfriend, and my pretend fiancee," she said, pointing at Somi and laughing hysterically. "Why did I even lie?" she added, throwing herself onto the bed and groaning.

Somi observed Minjeong having a breakdown and felt helpless, unsure of how to help her. Sitting down on the bed next to her, she muttered, "shit, I don't know how to calm someone," cursing her lack of skill in comforting others. "It's just for one day," she awkwardly smiled, but Minjeong gave her a strange look.

"Now, get up. We don't have time for a breakdown. Let's get you ready so I can get ready," Somi said, pulling Minjeong out of bed.

After Ning finished getting Minjeong ready, she looked at her from the mirror and said, "I can't believe this is happening." Minjeong gave her a puzzled look in response. "I'm getting you ready for a date with your fiancé," Ning remarked, pretending to wipe a tear from her face. "Days have passed quickly, Minjeong."

"You're so dramatic, Ning," Minjeong said. "I'm not engaged. This is all for one day, and then it'll be over." With that, Ning sat in an armchair with her head in her hands.

"Why do you think that Jimin and Ryujin are still together?" Ning asked, causing Minjeong to freeze, Ning knew that Ryujin and Jimin were not in a relationship because Ryujin was in love with Yeji but she wanted to see how the stupid game Jimin and Minjeong were playing would end.

"Because they are," Minjeong simply stated, and Ning remained silent, feeling flustered by her two oblivious friends and deciding to drop the subject.

Once Somi was ready, she remained in the living room awaiting Minjeong. Sunoo had left for work earlier, and he wanted to hear all the details when he returned. Meanwhile, Minjeong's door was still locked, with Ning inside helping her prepare.

As Somi sat in the living room, growing bored while scrolling through her phone, the door to Minjeong's room finally opened, and Minjeong came out, leaving Somi speechless at her stunning appearance. Stepping closer to Minjeong, Somi playfully suggested, "Maybe we should ditch our double date and go on a date alone," Minjeong chuckled at Somi's comment. "Seriously, Minjeong, you look breathtaking, and Jimin would regret not being with you."

They were Dressed in matching white outfits, with Minjeong's mid-thigh dress paired with a white jacket, and Somi in a similar dress without a jacket, Minjeong asked, "Are you ready?"

"I should be asking you that," Somi responded, to which Minjeong nodded. After bidding goodbye to Ning, they left.

-

"Here goes nothing," Minjeong said as they arrived at the restaurant. Somi took Minjeong's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze, trying to calm her nerves. Minjeong looked at Somi and smiled, feeling comfort with this girl she had only recently met and appreciating the support Somi had given her.

As they entered the restaurant, Minjeong tried to keep a smile on her face, but her expression faltered when she spotted Ryujin and Jimin close to each other. When Ryujin and Jimin noticed them, they stood up, and Minjeong froze when she locked eyes with Jimin. She was too stunned by Jimin's beauty, and she felt herself unable to form words. Somi brought her out of her thoughts by saying, "Introduce us," and smirked at Minjeong, noticing her reaction to Jimin.