Chapter 5

"Ningning?" Minjeong frowned when she saw Ningning at her front door. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Why don't you miss me?" ningning pouted.

No, I was just surprised because we saw each other at school only an hour ago," she said, studying Ningning's face. She could tell that something was wrong. "Did you have another fight with your dad?

"Can I come in? My feet hurt from standing," Minjeong said as she welcomed Ningning into her home. She then informed her mother that Ningning would be staying over for the night.

They went to Minjeong's room and sat on the bed. 'So, tell me what's wrong and why are you here?' The short-haired girl lay on her stomach over the mattress and took the chocolate milk from her nightstand to drink it.

"My dad thinks we're dating" Minjeong choked on her chocolate milk and started coughing. Ningning hit her back to help her cough. "That was my reaction too. Like out of all people why would I Date you" she stated and laughed when minjeong yelled 'hey' "Plus I like jimin so..." Minjeong's face suddenly dropped, and she couldn't figure out why. However, she decided to ignore it and move on.

"Why would he think we are dating?"

"Because I just came out and you are the only one close to me so he thought you were playing with my head he also told me to stay away from you and that he would call your parents to stop us from seeing each other" minjeong cringed at everything ningning has just said "that's why I am here because he can not stop me from anything"

"Maybe he needs time"

"I don't know but I hope he will accept me" She massaged her temples, feeling stressed. "Because this is who I am and I am still human and I will not change" Minjeong held Ningning's hands, smiling at her and whispering, 'Everything will be okay soon.' "So how do you know jimin?" Minjeong was taken aback by the sudden change of topic. it caught her by surprise.

"You have a way of changing subjects" She sat up straight and began recounting their first meeting as kids, including her sudden departure.

"I never knew you lived in the US before why haven't you told me?" Ning had an unexplainable expression on her face."Also you promised to protect her while you can't even defend yourself" she snorted "That is so cute. What did she do when she saw you"

"My superhero!" jimin exclaimed with excitement, but immediately regretted it as she groaned in pain from her injured nose.

"I am keeping my promise" minjeong stated.

"You were a kid when you said that I don't even think you meant it" The conversation was still going about this subject "Unless you like her"

Minjeong was indeed caught off guard this time "Pffft what no why would I?"

"Cut the bullshit jeongie I saw your face when I said I like jimin" she smirked "I don't like her I was just testing you"

"What do you mean?"

"I saw how you look at her so I thought of teasing you" She flopped onto the bed next to Minjeong.

"You don't like her?" ning nodded "I don't know" she stopped to take a breath "I guess it's too early to say that I like her but I am confused you know. Maybe I need time because we just met after years and of course, we were kids before and I didn't like her that way" She stopped again "Can we talk about this later?" Ning nodded as she didn't want to pressure Minjeong.

"Sure, change of topic let's play video games" She turned on the PS5.

-

Jimin sat nervously across from Ryujin at a nearby cafe, waiting for her to speak.

"Jimin-ah," Jimin jumped and looked at Ryujin. "I missed you," she said, waiting for Jimin to respond.

"I missed you too," she said with a sad smile. "I can't believe you're here in front of me now." Her smile grew bigger. "How long will you be staying here?" She hoped it would be long enough for them to spend more time together.

Ryujin grinned at Jimin and asked, "What would you say if I stayed here with you until you graduate?" Jimin's eyes widened in surprise and excitement as she responded, "I am staying here until you graduate too. Remember, we promised that we would go to the same college when we were kids?" Jimin jumped from her chair and hugged Ryujin tightly to express her joy and appreciation for their friendship.

"This is amazing! We don't have to be apart," she exclaimed. "I'm surprised you remembered our promise. I had forgotten about it." She sat back down in the chair.

This isn't what I wanted to talk about," she said, her expression serious. Jimin felt a wave of fear wash over her as she wondered what she was going to say next. "Jimin, you have been a good friend to me since we were kids," she paused, avoiding her eyes and fiddling with her coffee cup. "There is something I've been meaning to tell you for a very long time. I like you, Jimin"

Jimin's mind went blank as the words 'I like you' left ryujin's lips. The world spun around her"What do you mean?" she managed to ask.

"I have had feelings for you for a long time, and I still do. I understand if you don't feel the same way about me, but I hope that we can still remain friends, and that nothing will ever change between us." Jimin felt like screaming.

"No"

"No?"

"I mean no. I like you, Ryujin," Ryujin was taken aback by the confession. "I've kept this inside for a long time, and now I am really happy that you feel the same way for me." Tears welled up in her eyes because she was so overjoyed.

"Maybe we can take things slowly?" jimin nodded "Then can I pick you up on a date tomorrow after school?" ryujin smiled.

"Sure"

-

"There's something strange about you today," Mrs. Yu said, eyeing Jimin suspiciously as she kept smiling all day.

"Huh no I'm just happy" She noticed that everyone at the table was looking at her.

"Probably because someone asked her out today," Aeri smirked at Jimin. Jimin glared at her and kicked her foot under the table. "Ouch," Aeri groaned in pain.

"Who's the lucky boy," her dad asked and jimin cringed at the word 'boy'

Aeri snorted "Pffft only of you knew" She received another kick from under the table "Ow.

"What do you mean, Aeri" her mom looked confused.

"Nothing, Mom. Aeri was just being a brat," she glared at her younger sister. "And no, no one has asked me out. I just had a great day today." She wasn't lying when she said that she had a great day.

She found her childhood hero and her crush asked her out. Can this day get any better?

"Ah, I understand. By the way, I hope that whoever you have in your life is treating you well and that you are happy with them. And, of course, I hope that you are making the right decision regarding the right person." Jimin glanced at her mother, feeling a bit surprised that she didn't use a specific gender pronoun, but she dismissed the thought, thinking she might just be overthinking it.

After dinner, she helped her mom with the dishes and then went to sleep feeling excited about the following day. She couldn't wait to see Minjeong, but more importantly, she had a date with her crush, which still felt unreal to her.

-

I don't know when the next chapter will be because I have an exam tomorrow and I've been very busy with school lately.

But maybe I'll post one tomorrow but I am not too sure.

Please kindly vote for all chapters and take care of yourself bye xoxo..