Chapter 24

Minjeong woke up at 5:00 AM as she had classes and needed to prepare. She got out of bed, went to the bathroom, and did her morning routine.

While brushing her teeth, she heard noises from the kitchen and a delicious aroma filling the whole apartment. She rinsed her mouth and went out to find the source of the smell and the noise she had heard. "Somi," she called out, "I heard some noises of things falling, are you okay?" she asked.

However, her eyes widened when she saw the person she didn't expect to be there. Jimin was holding a knife in the air, and she looked as surprised as Minjeong. "I never knew you'd wake up this early," she chuckled awkwardly and scratched the back of her neck.

"Jimin, what are you doing here?" Minjeong rubbed her eyes to check if she was dreaming. "And can you put the knife away, please?" As soon as she said that, Jimin put the knife down and smiled at Minjeong.

"I'm here to cook you breakfast." She showed Minjeong the pancakes she was making while grinning like a kid, and Minjeong found that adorable. However, she suddenly frowned.

Minjeong was puzzled when she realized that she had never given Jimin her address. "How did you get my address?" she asked.

"I got it from someone," Jimin smirked. "Also I came here before if you remember" she laughed as she continued to cut strawberries "Anyway, you can sit. I will be done in a few minutes. Then we can eat, and I will drop you off at college."

Minjeong was confused, She remembered having Jimin over a few days ago, but she was still half-asleep, so she forgot. She followed Jimin's words and sat down. She waited for the food to be ready and for Jimin to sit beside her so that she could ask her some questions.

Jimin placed the plate in front of Minjeong and sat down in front of her. They started eating in silence, but Minjeong eventually broke it by asking "Have you seen somi?" Somi was missing, and she didn't usually wake up that early.

Jimin casually replied, "Yes, she left a while ago when I arrived. Do you miss your fiancée?" She smirked, and Minjeong felt confused about the tone Jimin used when saying 'fiancée.' Then, Jimin suddenly asked, "So, where do you guys sleep?" Minjeong's eyes widened as she choked on her strawberry in surprise.

"I-uh," she stuttered but then frowned when Jimin began laughing. "Jimin, are you okay?" She asked, confused.

"I was just kidding, Minjeong," she said while wiping her tears from laughing. "We still have an hour before your classes. What should we do?" Her facial expressions became serious when she asked.

"Don't you have classes too?" Minjeong asked because she was confused that Jimin was at her apartment early and cooked her breakfast instead of leaving for America again.

"I do," she said, and Minjeong gave her a questioning look. "I have online classes only for this semester, but next semester I will be here," Jimin said. Minjeong wondered what Jimin meant by 'I will be here' and tensed up when Jimin looked her in the eye while saying the last line. "Anyway," Jimin broke the eye contact, "let's watch a movie until it's time for me to drop you off."

Minjeong looked at Jimin, who casually stood up and went to the living room, turning the TV on and picking something to watch as if it were her own house. However, Minjeong smiled because she liked having Jimin around and didn't want to argue.

-

Somi was walking around, looking at the stores until she spotted a familiar figure sitting alone at a café. She approached the person, "Ning". Ning looked up and appeared surprised to see Somi, but her surprise soon turned into a smile.

"Somi, why are you here?" she asked, gesturing for Somi to sit down. The older girl obeyed.

"I wanted to get some fresh air and think about things," Somi replied. She needed some fresh air and didn't want to see Minjeong and Jimin at the moment because it was hurting her.