Chapter 16

Flashback to the sleepover.

"Ryujin truth or dare?"

"Dare," bold move Shin.

"Show us the person you call the most on your phone."

"It's probably jimin," ning said, and Ryujin laughed nervously.

"It is jimin." She held Jimin's hands.

Aeri demanded, "I said show us, not tell us." Minjeong thought, "Thank god I didn't get Aeri. She is scary." Ryujin noticed everyone looking at her, so she tried to remove her phone from her pocket. However, Aeri snatched the phone from her hands and started looking through it.

When she saw "my love" on Ryujin's phone, she frowned. She knew it wasn't Jimin because her name was right below it.

She knew Ryujin was cheating on Jimin, but she didn't want to ruin their sleepover by telling Jimin. Plus, she thought it could be Ryujin's mother or someone else. She clicked on the name and started reading their messages.

Ryujin noticed and became tense. After reading the messages, she realized that it wasn't Ryujin's mother or a friend, and that Ryujin was cheating on her sister.

She decided to return the phone to avoid looking suspicious.

"Why were you scared to show us that you have no one here but Jimin, whom you call the most?" Aeri asked as she turned off the phone and returned it to Ryujin. Ryujin looked surprised for some reason.

-

Aeri lay down on her bed, feeling guilty about hiding everything from Jimin. Ryujin was a cheater, and Aeri felt the need to protect Jimin from her.

The situation with Ryujin and Jimin was stressing Aeri. She wanted to tell Jimin, but for some reason, she couldn't bring herself to do it.

Aeri sighed and picked up her phone to make a call.

"Aeri?"

"Ning, can I come over?" she needed to talk with someone about this problem because she couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Sure?" ning was confused and worried about Aeri's sudden visit.

"OK, I will be there in 5." Aeri didn't even bother to change her clothes. She was wearing gray sweatpants with a purple hoodie. She went downstairs and told her mom that she was going to her friend's house, and her mom let her. Her mom asked to drive her, but Aeri said it was okay because Ning's house was just two minutes away.

When Aeri got there, she saw Minjeong leaving Ning's house. It looked like someone forced her to leave or kicked her out. Aeri stood a few blocks away, watching minjeong, who huffed, looking annoyed. Then she drove away.

Aeri walked to Ning's house, and before she could even knock, the door opened. and she fell forward, but Ning quickly caught her. "why did you open the door like that?!" Aeri asked. Ning said she saw her, and she opened the door. Then Ning let Aeri inside.

As they reached the stairs, Aeri asked Ning, "Hey, I just saw Minjeong outside your house. Why did she look so annoyed?"

Ning replied casually, "Oh, I just kicked her. She was getting on my nerves, and I couldn't take it anymore."

Aeri wanted to ask more, but when they reached the room, Ning noticed that Aeri looked lost in her thoughts. "Hey, is everything okay? You seem lost in your world," Ning asked, concerned.

Aeri looked at Ning and said, "I've been feeling bothered for the past few weeks, and I just can't keep it to myself any longer. I need to talk to someone about it." Ning pulled up a chair and sat down in front of Aeri, signaling for her to continue. "Do you remember the sleepover when I dared Ryujin to show up as the last person she texted?" Aeri asked. Ning nodded, waiting for the other girl to continue. "Her first contact wasn't Jimin," Aeri said.