Chapter 8

The whole week, Jimin was busy. Every time Minjeong asked her to hang out, she politely declined, saying that she couldn't.

A week ago...

Minjeong spotted Jimin in the hallway and approached her with a smile on her face. "Hey, Jimin," she said. Jimin smiled back, answering with a quiet 'Hey'. "I was wondering if you want to hang out after school?" Minjeong scratched the back of her neck, looking away.

"Oh. I have a date with Ryujin today" Minjeong's face dropped but the older girl didn't seem to notice it "Sorry..." minjeong smiled.

"It's okay. Next time"

3 days ago...

Minjeong had been looking for Jimin since their last conversation four days ago, but she could not find her anywhere.She wanted to ask someone to go to the movies with her. She had two tickets for her favorite movie and Jimin was the first person that came to her mind.

As she was walking, she suddenly spotted a familiar figure. Minjeong smiled as she approached the older girl and sat next to her on the bench. "Hello," she said. Jimin was startled because she hadn't noticed someone sitting next to her. "Sorry for startling you," Minjeong apologized.

"No, it's okay" jimin smiled at her.

"So, what are you doing" minjeong tried to peek at what was jimin doing.

"Nothing. I was just studying," she said as she closed her notebook and turned to Minjeong. "What brings you here?" She stopped herself mid-question and added, "I mean, it's not like I don't want you here, but..." Minjeong interrupted her.

"I saw that you were alone, so I came over. I've been meaning to ask you something," she said, looking at the curious Jimin, who was waiting for her to ask. "I've noticed that you've been busy studying all the time, and I have something that might help you relax. I've got two tickets to a movie, and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me?" Jimin looked apologetic, and Minjeong quickly understood why.

"That's nice of you but I have a project and I will go to yeji's house today to work on it" She smiled sadly.

It was Minjeong's fault. She should have known that the girl was busy with things. 'No, it's okay. It was dumb anyway. We're in the middle of exams and projects, and I asked you to go to the movies with me,' she faked a smile.

"I'll go with you next time?" Minjeong felt a hand above hers and millions of butterflies in her stomach. It made her feel better.

She smiled "Next time"

She ended up going to the movies alone...

And Next time... next time... next time.. It was a never-ending circle for the whole week.

-

The week ended with jimin declining all of the minjeong offers.

" Someone here is sulky" sunoo her brother stated when he saw her sitting in the living room spacing out while pouting.

"You surprised me" She put her hand on her heart dramatically. He sat next to her.

"What's on your mind," She thought maybe it was time to finally tell someone about her problems. Maybe he can solve it or maybe she would feel better. But then it hit her that she was 100% sure that she wasn't straight and she didn't come out to anyone even ningning. Even though ningning knows she doesn't want to push her friend. "Care for a talk you look lost. I can listen to you" he smiled warmly and minjeong felt comforted.

"Before I begin, I just want to say that I am feeling a bit confused about my emotions towards someone. Whenever I see this person, I feel an immense amount of joy and excitement. My heart flutters every time I touch them. However, whenever they decline my advances, I feel incredibly sad. And when someone else approaches them, I can't help but feel a tinge of jealousy. It's all just very confusing," she finished with another sigh.