Chapter 3

"Introduce yourself" 'I'm in deep trouble,' Jimin thought, feeling anxious. She looked around and noticed several pairs of eyes staring at her waiting for an introduction. Her anxiety is growing right now.

Fortunately, she was saved.

or not.

A girl slammed the door open and accidentally hit Jimin on the face. "I'm sorry for being la-" She noticed Jimin on the floor, holding her bleeding nose. "omg-OMG I AM SO SORRY" Jimin was helped to stand up by her.

"Minjeong, take her to the clinic and come to my office later," the teacher sighed, shaking his head. Jimin thought, "What a great first day," as the girl led her to the clinic.

-

Jimin pov.

I am currently seated on a clinic bed with a tissue in my nose. The girl who did this to me kept apologizing for the inconvenience caused, and while I was a bit upset. the nurse stepped out, leaving me and the girl in the room, which made things quite awkward as she was sitting in front of me in silence.

Finally, she stopped apologizing.

I looked at her face and she seemed familiar. "Can I ask you something?" she broke the silence.

No "what," I said coldly.

"Never mind It's not the right time I am sorry again" I might hit her if she keeps apologizing. And why didn't she ask though?

"Stop apologizing and ask your question" I replied.

Okay, sorry," I said, then glared at her. "Do you remember me?

What?

WAIT!

-

Flashback in the US a few years back.

The first day of school in a foreign country can be scary. During her first week, Jimin was bullied by her classmates who would push her, trip her, throw her things away, and make fun of her for not knowing any English.

During her first week, she had a tough time and didn't have anyone to talk to. She didn't know English yet, and her parents were occupied with other things. Moreover, Ryujin and her parents were busy, so she didn't get enough time to play with the other girl.

Little Jimin was eating her lunch when a group of boys appeared, took her sandwich, and threw it away. "Hey, mine" At that time, she only knew a few English words.

"I never knew you could talk, stupid Asian" they laughed at her.

Jimin, for the first time, tried to be brave. However, the boys poured water on her and pushed her, causing her to fall flat on her back, which hurt terribly.

The whole cafeteria erupted in laughter as she broke down in tears. Wincing in pain, she stood up and hastily left the cafeteria.

Ran.

Ran.

Ran.

The girl found herself at the playground near the school. She leaned on a tree, crying and saying, "You are going to get sick." Little Jimin looked up and saw a girl who was about her age and an inch shorter than her.

However, that's beside the point. The fact remains that the girl spoke in Korean. "Do you speak Korean?"

Yes, I am Korean," the girl said as she sat next to Jmin. "Why are you crying? And why are you wet? It's cold in here - you're going to get sick"

"I was drenched with water," Jimin said as she wiped away her tears.

"The bad guys?" Jimin nodded. "I'll be your friend and always protect you!" Minjeong said excitedly.

"Like my superhero?" jimin giggled and looked at minjeong.

"Hi, I'm superhero Kim Minjeong. Nice to meet you!" She struck a pose.

"I am you jimin Nice to meet you" They smiled and giggled.

"Let's go back to school," said Minjeong as she reached out her hands to help Jimin stand up. "But wait," she added, taking off her scarf and leaving Jimin puzzled.

She placed a scarf on Jimin to prevent her from getting sick. With a smile, she said, "I'll always be here for you."

Jimin was often picked on by the other boys but her superhero, Minjeong, was always there to defend her. Suddenly, Minjeong disappeared and Jimin was devastated. The only thing she had left behind was her scarf, and she wished she could see her again.

-

"My superhero!" jimin exclaimed with excitement, but immediately regretted it as she groaned in pain from her injured nose.

"I messed up and hurt you, even though I'm supposed to save you," Minjeong said, looking down and pouting cutely.

"You saved me actually"I stated the truth, but she looked at me with a frown and raised eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"You saved me from the stupid introduction" jimin laughed.

"I hurt you, I'm sorry," she said. She noticed Jimin glaring at her, and then she realized what she had said. "I mean, I'm not sorry... I mean, I'm sorry, but sorry for saying sorry... wait, no-" she was cut off by Jimin laughing at her rambling.

"Cute," Jimin said unintentionally. After realizing what she said, her eyes widened and her face turned bright pink.

Minjeong and I made eye contact, but then we both quickly looked away from each other's faces.

The tense atmosphere in the room was relieved when the nurse finally entered.