Chapter 29

Minjeong woke up with her eyes closed, rolling around searching for warmth, but her hands only met the cold mattress beside her. As she opened her eyes, she realized that Jimin was not by her side. She grabbed her phone from the nightstand to call Jimin, but she already saw a message from her on her phone.

Jiminie❤️: Morning sleepy head, sorry for not staying with you. I had something important to do
:(

But don't worry, I made you breakfast and I will come over again when I am done. I love you ❤️

Minjeong smiled at the message, a simple message from Jimin made her entire morning better. She got out of bed and started getting ready for her classes. After freshening up, she headed to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

As she was sipping her banana milk, the sound of the front door opening startled Minjeong. She turned around to see Somi, standing at the entrance. "Good morning!" Somi greeted her with a wide smile. It had been weeks since they last saw each other because of their different schedules. Every time Somi went home, Minjeong was not there. When Somi left, Minjeong came back, slept, and then woke up when Somi slept. This went on repeatedly.

"Wow, I forgot that you lived here." minjeong sarcastically said and Somi rolled her eyes, Somi had been away for a while, trying to distance herself from Minjeong a little. She needed some time alone. But now, she was finally back.

Minjeong approached her and hugged her tightly. Somi was taken aback by the sudden embrace, but she hugged minjeong back, feeling comforted by the warmth of her hug. It was a friendly hug, nothing romantic. Somi appreciated Minjeong as a friend and wanted to keep it that way.

"Did you miss me that much?" Somi teased, pulling away from the hug.

Minjeong playfully slapped her shoulder and said, "Of course, I was worried about you. Where were you?" Somi smiled, glad to see that someone cared about her.

"I was staying with a friend," Somi explained. "I hadn't seen her for a long time, so we were just catching up." Minjeong nodded and told Somi to promise never to disappear like that again and to always tell her everything. Somi smiled and nodded.

As Minjeong quickly made her way towards the door, she turned to Somi and said, "I need to leave now, I'm running late. By the way, there's breakfast in the kitchen if you're feeling hungry. Jimin cooked too much, and I couldn't finish it all." With that, she grabbed her bag and hurriedly left the apartment, closing the door behind her.

Somi let out a small smile and took a moment to look around the apartment. "Home sweet home," she chuckled to herself, she made her way to her room to get some sleep because she was out all night.

-

Jimin was feeling extremely happy as she skipped out of the company where she had just been hired. After going to a job interview a few days ago, she received a call this morning asking her to come back. When she arrived there, they told her that she had been selected for the job and could start as early as tomorrow.

The idea of getting a job had been on Jimin's mind ever since Minjeong had asked her to move in with her. Jimin wanted to help out, instead of just staying at home doing nothing. She had plans to continue her studies in the United States, but due to changing her mind, she didn't want to leave and therefore dropped out of the university.

She would have to wait a few more months before she could apply to university again. In the meantime, Jimin thought it was a good idea to work and save up some money.

After leaving the company, Jimin went home to change her clothes and then she had plans on going back to Minjeong's apartment. When she arrived home, "Hello Mom" she greeted her mother, who was sitting in the living room. "Where's dad?" Jimin asked about her dad, who was supposed to be home by then but he wasn't.