Chapter 15

Jimin woke up and blinked her eyes, trying to adjust to the sunlight that was streaming into her room. Opening her eyes fully, she realized someone was sleeping beside her. It was Minjeong, and they were lying face to face, with their noses almost touching.

As soon as Jimin recognized Minjeong, she tried to get up but could not move. She couldn't help but admire Minjeong's features, and she smiled as she brushed a few strands of hair away from her face. However, she flinched when Minjeong moved and opened her eyes.

Minjeong smiled and greeted Jimin with a warm "Hey." Jimin found it to be the cutest thing she had ever seen. "Are you feeling any better?" Minjeong asked, concerned.

Jimin smiled back and replied, "Good morning". She couldn't stop looking into Minjeong's eyes and whispered, "I feel much better because of you."

Minjeong grinned from ear to ear but then became aware of their position and moved away awkwardly. Jimin sat up and gestured towards the bathroom, offering Minjeong to use it. She gave her a new toothbrush, and after they brushed their teeth, she handed her a pair of clothes. "You can change here. I will wait in the bathroom", Jimin said as she took her clothes and went into the bathroom to change.

As a habit, Jimin forgot that Minjeong was in the room, and she opened the door immediately after finishing changing. However, she met Minjeong, who was not wearing a shirt at the time, revealing her naked back. Jimin didn't know whether to look away, but something was telling her to look away while the other was telling her not to. She knew that this would lead to a bad situation later on.

When Minjeong finally wore her shirt, she turned around, and Jimin quickly turned around, hoping that Minjeong didn't see her. Minjeong was unsure of how long Jimin had been standing there and asked, "How long have you been there?"

Jimin blushed and said, "Sorry, I just got out of the bathroom, and I forgot you were there." She tried to cover her red face and continued, "Don't worry, I looked away." However, that was not true. "Let's go downstairs?" Minjeong nodded and followed the older girl downstairs.

When Jimin went downstairs, she saw her Dad, Aeri, and Ryujin sitting at the dining table while her mom cooked in the kitchen. Wait, when did Ryujin arrive? Did she see us? Jimin thought.

When they saw her, her dad greeted Jimin and asked him to have breakfast with them. He also invited Jimin's friend. Upon seeing her father, Minjeong bowed 90 degrees in respect.

"Hello, Sir. I am Kim minjeong."

"Kim Minjeong?" Her dad frowned. "That name sounds familiar." He couldn't continue because Jimin's mother brought the food and told the girls to sit. Jimin's dad was sitting at the head of the table, and to his right were Aeri and Minjeong. Across from Minjeong was Jimin, and next to her was Ryujin. At the other head of the table was Jimin's mom.

Aeri was smirking at Jimin, and it was annoying her. Jimin then looked at Ryujin, but she didn't notice her. Ryujin wasn't even looking at her. Jimin frowned, maybe because her parents didn't know about their relationship, but that wasn't an excuse for Ryujin to not even look up at her or say hi.

Jimin then caught Minjeong staring at her, but Minjeong turned her head away when she saw Jimin looking at her. Jimin thought it was cute.

-

After finishing their meal, it was time for Minjeong to leave. "Don't forget to visit again, Minjeong," Jimin's mother said. For some reason, Jimin's mother liked Minjeong, and Jimin couldn't help feeling jealous. The whole time, Jimin's mother was looking at Minjeong and pinching her cheeks, telling her how cute she was. However, Jimin couldn't deny that Minjeong was indeed very cute.

After bidding her goodbyes, Minjeong left, and Jimin went into the house. Ryujin approached her and dragged her upstairs into Jimin's room. As soon as they got in, Ryujin slammed the door shut.

"I missed you," Jimin started, but Ryujin cut her off abruptly.

"I want you to stay away from Minjeong," she said, staring at Jimin intensely. Jimin was taken aback, confused about why Ryujin was acting this way. It was the first time she had seen Ryujin so angry.

"What do you mean?"

The younger girl was confused as Ryujin asked, "Do you think I'm dumb, Jimin? I saw how you guys slept today and how she cuddled you." Suddenly, Jimin realized why Ryujin was angry. But Jimin had her reasons to be angry. Where was Ryujin when she got sick? Why did she make fake promises? Jimin had trusted Ryujin, and now Ryujin didn't trust her. "It's obvious that she likes you, and I want you to stay away from her," Ryujin demanded.

"Minjeong is dating Jaehyun." She couldn't hold back her tears anymore. "Where were you last night, huh?!" Jimin looked at Ryujin with angry and hurt eyes.

"This isn't about me or where I was last night," Ryujin gritted her teeth.

"No, it is! It's always been about you!" Jimin yelled while poking her finger in Ryujin's chest. "Where were you all these nights when I needed you?!" Ryujin would cut her off, but Jimin put a finger on her lips. "At least Minjeong took care of me even though she was busy. Now you want me to stay away from her instead of thanking her because she took care of me and made sure I was okay while I didn't even know where you were!"

"I was busy, jimin goddamnit"

"Oh, you're always so busy, I forgot," Jimin said sarcastically. "You've been  distant, and now you're being selfish, telling me to leave the person who took care of me while you didn't give a shit about me." Jimin gave Ryujin a blank stare. "You don't get to tell me what to do.

"If you don't stay away from her, I'll..."

"What? You're breaking up with me?" Jimin snorted sarcastically, and Ryujin nodded. "You're joking. What's your problem?"

"I'm not kidding. You have to choose between us," Ryujin replied, storming out of the room and slamming the door shut. She didn't even look back at Jimin's parents, who must have heard them shouting.

Jimin collapsed onto her knees, crying. How was she supposed to pick between her best friend and her girlfriend? It wasn't fair.

Aeri entered Jimin's room and saw her sister sitting on the floor, crying and hugging her knees. "Jimin," Aeri said. "I heard everything. Just remember what I told you and make a wise decision." She then left the room and shut the door behind her.

-

Ryujin sat in her car, resting her head on the steering wheel. She looked up as her phone began to ring.

"Hello"

"Hello, love," said the other person on the phone. "Did you tell her?"

"Yes, I am going to break up with her soon, don't worry," Ryujin smiled.

"I am dying to be with you. I can't wait for that day."

"Me too," she smiled sadly. "I have to drive away from here. I will come over to you."

"OK, I will be waiting. I love you."

"I love you too."

Beep beep beep...

-

Dun Dun dun *dramatic sound effect."

Sorry for not updating, but I've been busy with school and exams. I was so tired these past few weeks, but I will try to update more in the future.

Bye, and don't forget to vote kindly xoxoxo