Chapter 2

4 AM

Jimin struggled to open her eyes as she forced herself to wake up. She had stayed up too late the night before and was now paying the price. Despite feeling groggy and disoriented, she knew she couldn't afford to hit the snooze button again. With a deep breath, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and sat up.

She went for a walk after doing her routine since the weather was nice, and she wanted to explore the neighborhood.

As she strolled by the park, she suddenly spotted someone she knew. "Hey there, Jimin!" Ningning exclaimed with a wide grin on her face. She couldn't help but feel delighted seeing her here, especially after what had happened yesterday.

"Hey Ningning, how are you?" Jimin asked, smiling at her.

"I'm great thank you, Have you been here long?" asked Ningning, playing with the hem of her shirt, a habit of hers when she's nervous.

Jimin noticed Ningning's nervousness and thought 'Cute'. "Yes, my family and I just moved here yesterday."

"Ohh where did you come from?"

Jimin answered the younger girl by saying "United States".

"Omo that's so cool I wanted to go there"

"Maybe I can take you there one day," Jimin winked, and Ningning blushed.

They kept talking until Jimin excused herself, saying that she had to go home and get ready for school. They were both surprised to find out that they go to the same school. Jimin was thrilled because she would have Ningning with her in the same school.

-

5 AM

Jimin arrived home to find her family still sleeping, so she decided to make breakfast for them. But before that, she went to take a shower.

After taking a shower, she got dressed in her school uniform and woke up her sister, Aeri. She made breakfast and waited for Aeri to come downstairs. "Good morning," she greeted her sister as she descended the stairs.

"Shut up"

"You should be thankful that I made you breakfast," Jimin pouted.

Aeri made a disgusted face and said, "Ew, don't ever do that." She sat down and started eating.

While they were eating, Aeri noticed Jimin's strange smile as she texted someone on her phone. "Do you have a new boyfriend already?" Jimin looked up and shook her head.

"Actually, it's Ryujin who informed me about a surprise she has for me. I'm eagerly waiting for her to reveal it. But, I can't help feeling curious about what it could be," Jimin said with a slight pout on her face.

Aeri was not a morning person and said, 'I don't care'..

"But you just asked!"

-

Ryujin and Jimin are childhood friends who grew up together.

Mr. Yu and Mr. Shin, who are close friends, decided to move to the USA together to start their own company.

That's how Ryujin and Jimin became best friends. They always stick together, spend their time together, and never separate from each other.

Well until now...

Jimin had a crush on Ryujin, but she never dared to confess because she didn't want to risk ruining their 18-year-long friendship.

She kept her feelings to herself and suffered as Ryujin had multiple partners.

So she gave up and tried to move on.

However, little does she know that Ryujin is on her way to Korea to confess her feelings for Jimin, having found out about Jimin's feelings for her through a mutual friend.

Now she is on her way to Korea...

-
7 AM

Jimin left a breakfast note for her parents who were still asleep before leaving for school.

They took the bus to school.

As they walked into the school, all eyes were on them. Suddenly, someone called out, "Jimin!" It was Ningning.

"Ningning, thank God you're here," Jimin said as she hugged her.

"I am here to guide you," she said, looking at Aeri next to the older girl. "Hello, I'm Ningning," she bowed.

"Oh, right. That's my sister, Aeri," Aeri bowed and smiled at the red-haired girl.

Ningning suggested going to the principal's office to see the Yu sisters' classes. The sisters nodded in agreement.

-

I just found out that I only have two classes with Ningning. "That's okay, but you have similar classes with my friend," she said as she looked at Jimin's schedule. "I will tell her to take good care of you, don't worry," she added with a wink.

"Who is your friend?" jimin asked.

"Kim Minjeong - although she can be a bit annoying at times, she is cute, handsome, and caring. She is short and looks like a puppy. Being around her is so much fun that you might cry out of laughter. She is also extremely intelligent and strong; she can carry a lot of weight." She looked at the girls and realized that she was rambling, so she quickly apologized and shut her mouth.

Minjeong? Why is it so familiar "I'm excited to meet Minjeong," Jimin laughed. "What classes do you have, Aeri?" she asked her sister.

Aeri looked at her schedule and said, "I have one class with you, unnie, and the rest are with Ningning." She smiled at Ningning.

she blushed.

Jimin feels like a third wheel. "I think we're late for class," she coughed.

"Okay, what do you have first? I'll guide you," the red-haired girl said.

-

Do you think it's gonna go well between jimin and Ryujin?