Warm Words

She sat down at a long wooden desk with leather chairs on each side. In her head, she started counting the chairs,
"1...2..3..4..5..6." She is curious about how many people can fit inside this room.
A tall woman sits beside her, blocking the view from counting the chairs beside her. Damn it
The woman was a pale type: fancy-looking hoop earrings and acrylic nails. You know what I'm talking about.
She sets her hands in her lap and leans back in the chair as the chair supports her, hearing the springs creak.
A line of men and women dressed in funeral colors walked in a glass door behind her. She quickly sat up, watching A gentleman sitting across from her, setting down three large vanilla folders with pictures of 2 women and a man, each papercliped on the front with a name in sharpie with sloppy handwriting.

"So," he begins opening the first file with the picture of the man on it.

"We are here today because there is a mission that has been dropped in my lap, and I'm going to gift it to one of you lucky people because, to be honest. I don't want to die."

She began to lean forward.
"There is a company. More like a huge organization."
She looks over to her right, seeing the woman has moved a seat down from you. She thinks nothing of it.
"It is organized by this man right here." He slid the picture of a white male. Tattoos all over the arms. Her first initial thought was a biker gang. She's taken down plenty. This isn't shit.

"He has two daughters that work for him. He has many more men, but I can't gather that information. That daughter-" he stops saying before opening her file. An older woman covered in tattoos in full armor. It looks to be stolen from the SWAT.

"Has worked for the government and betrayed them." Sounds of chatter filled the room before the attention was returned to him. "You guys done? This isn't even the worst part yet."

"They soon raided the government and got a huge payload out of it." He said, looking at everyone, waiting for a reaction.

"Daughters aren't afraid to put a cap in your asses. Let's put it that way."
"Jade," he said for a moment before staring at her.

"You will be hired into their group."
She paused in disbelief before accepting her fate
"Yes, sir." You responded

"Now, the sister." He opened the other file. She looked at a picture of a curly-haired blonde woman. "I have a question," She said, cutting him off.

"Yes, Jade?" The boss responded quickly

"How did you get these photos?"
He looked down at the photos and laughed as a grin crossed his face before looking back at her.
"They are known mafia members. You can search them up, and there is a whole Wikipedia page about them."

"And they haven't been arrested?" she quickly filled the silence with a question.

"That's what we are doing. You either arrest them or kill them. I would get to the point later, but that's out now."
"Oh. Okay," She said before thoughts raced through her mind.

"May I continue? The sisters are named Astarte and Jaycee. Jaycee is the youngest one. Astarte won't leave Jaycee in a room of people she doesn't trust. My guess is to start with Astarte. The father's name isn't revealed. I want everyone to research this. We need all the information for Jade. Good luck. You will be starting there tomorrow; dress nicely." He closed the files. She was banging them against the table to straighten them. Got up out of the chair and left the room. Everyone else followed along. She decided to sit there for a moment, spacing out at the bland walls. The glass door opened, and it caught her attention.
"Hey, I'm getting some slushies; wanna come with? I'll need the extra hands."

She turned around to a co-worker of hers: Amilia, a beautiful mixed woman. Always looks good in anything they wear? That's them. But surprisingly, I'm single.
"Yeah, sure." She got up from the table and followed.

She followed behind Amilia with two drink carriers in hand. She was placing them down on a table in the breakroom.

"Thanks, Jade. I'm glad you came; nobody else wanted to."

"No problem, just cover my ass when I go in for that mission," She joked as she walked toward her office space. She sat in her leather chair with the company logo on the back.

'Known mafia in Las Vegas' She slammed the enter key, and a Wikipedia site popped up

'Top known mafia. And how to avoid them!'

Thoughts filled her head on what type of crimes this mafia leader has done to have a whole Wikipedia site on how to avoid them... She dragged the mouse over to images and watched it load momentarily before setting the three pictures she saw on the Vanilla folder to appear. She smiled as she knew she was on the right page. Many other older mafia members loaded as she quickly scrolled to the bottom of the page. She aggressively scrolled up until she saw the youngest sister. She clicked on the picture and watched as it dragged her to another Wikipedia site. She grabbed a notepad and started writing down all the information she saw.

"I'm not going to die for this company."