Secrets Nobody Will Remember

Astarte stirred awake to Jaycee shuffling around. Astarte grabbed Jaycee, eyes still closed, feeling her stop moving before she fell out of her grip. Astarte fell back asleep. Resting her hand on her stomach before she felt someone play with the rings on her fingers. "Stop it. She's going to wake up. She already wants to kill you," Jaycee whispered, pushing Nickolas out of Astarte's room.

"Does she have her revolver?" Nickolas said, turning around and facing Jaycee.

"No, Our dad has it."

"Can I just go in there and ask Neorch a question," Nickolas said, pushing himself past her.

"For what?" Jaycee asked, realizing he wasn't asking a question. It was more of a statement as he was already halfway in her room.

"You know what. You deserve whatever hell you are about to get." Jaycee said, sighing, leaning up against the bar outside Astarte's room.

Nickolas stood watching Astarte sleep before grabbing her hand and playing with her rings before watching Astarte grab his hand and hold it. Nickolas stopped momentarily before looking over at Neorch, who was asleep beside her, facing away from her.

Nickolas stopped for a moment before thinking, What if... I..

Nickolas grabbed Astarte's chin with his other hand, watching her tilt her head back. I totally could.

Nickolas carefully trailed his hand down to her throat, placing it there gently, feeling Astarte tighten her grip on his hand. He trailed his hand down to her chest, leaving a gentle kiss on her neck and watching her take a deep breath. He carefully grabbed one of her rings off her finger, feeling her begin to wake up and mumble, "The hell are you doing." He put the ring back on her finger. "I am not sorry," Nickolas said before kissing Astarte quickly before feeling her push him back and face away from him. "Not right now, Neorch.."

Nickolas smiled before deciding to leave the room.

Jaycee watches Nickolas walk out of Astarte's room with a smile. Jaycee stopped leaning on the bar and followed him. "What was that about."

"I just wanted to test something."

"And that being?"

"Something I will remember, and she won't."

"Whatever," Jaycee said, rolling her eyes and following him into their bedroom.

Astarte woke up in Neorch's arms. Neorch's been awake for a while, strolling social media on his phone. Feeling Astarte wake, he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Good morning, love." He smiled, watching her slowly open her eyes.

"You got pretty eyes."

"I just woke up. Hold on," Astarte said, pushing herself off of Neorch. Neorch sat for a moment, watching her stretch.

"I feel intoxicated, but I don't remember shit." Astarte slurred before Neorch grabbed her, pulling her into a hug. "I think you drank something last night. I came home from work, and you had Jaycee with you."

"Oh. Speaking of. Where is she?" Astarte asked

"I don't know; maybe in her room?" Neorch questioned before gently pushing her hair out of her face.

"Do you want to get some food?"

"What time is it?"

"Noon"

"Sure.." Astarte said before sitting up and hurrying towards the edge of her side of the bed.

"You are cooking, right?"

"If you want me to," Neorch said before stretching and getting out of bed, watching Astarte as she adjusted her rings. "They feel so loose." She said before stepping into the hall.

Neorch grabbed one of her hoodies and followed her out of the room. He stood momentarily before realizing Nickolas was leaning against the bar, smiling at him.

"Good morning."

"Fuck off, Nickolas," Neorch said, getting Astarte's attention.

"What?" Astarte said, turning and getting handed a hoodie.

"Right," Astarte said, laughing and pulling the hoodie over her head to cover her body.

"You are hungover, aren't you?" Nickolas questioned before Astarte dropped her smile.

"Might be," Astarte said and headed towards the kitchen with Neorch.

Nickolas watched her walk away before turning towards Jaycee, who looked disappointed.

"Did you tell him?"

"No. And what did we discuss?"

"I don't say shit, or else you will beat my ass," Jaycee said

"Good," Nickolas said, watching Jaycee look towards the floor in guilt.

Astarte sat next to Jaycee in the living room, waiting for Neorch to bring the food.

"This is out of pure curiosity. What the fuck happened for me to wake up hungover as fuck." Astarte slurred, rubbing her eyes and watching Jaycee laugh. "We got drunk until I passed out."

"How many drinks did I have?" Astarte looked up from her hands at Jaycee, watching her count on her fingers.

"I don't know. Fourteen?"

"Fuckkk.." Astarte said, covering her face with her hands.

"I made us some food," Neorch said, bringing two plates over and placing them in front of Astarte and Jaycee. "Aren't you going to eat, hun?" Astarte said, watching Neorch wrap his arm around her. "No, You are hungover. After you eat, I'm sending you to bed. I'll eat later."

"Hm.." Astarte slurred before pushing the plate away. "I just want to go back to bed."

"That's okay," Neorch said, placing the plate back on the kitchen bar. "Let's go," Neorch said, walking over to Astarte, grabbing her hand, and guiding her back to her bedroom.

Nickolas is still leaning against the bar outside Astarte's bedroom. Neorch watches Astarte cover herself with her blanket before kissing her forehead and closing the door behind him.

"Please. I don't know your corrupted thoughts, but please save it. Your girlfriend got her drunk out of her mind."

Nickolas smiled before nodding. "I respect that. I'm not doing anything."

"Trust me."