Don't be late. - Memory

Astarte sat in a bar across from her boyfriend Charlie. Watching his down shots like it was straight water.

"Why not drink? You are at a bar" Charlie said slurring his words and slamming down the glass.

"Someone has to drive us home-" Astarte began to say before Charlie pushed her shoulder.

"Loosen up Astarte," Charlie said before raising his hand and ordering another round of drinks for himself.

Astarte put her head in her hands realizing how expensive the bill would be. "You gotta stop. I'm not made of money"

"But you are," Charlie said before slapping Astarte's arm.

"Quit fucking hitting me." Astarte snapped. Charlie stopped for a moment before laughing and smacking Astarte once more.

"You gotta relax! It's our anniversary!"

"Our anniversary was last month"

"Close enough" Charlie watched Astarte roll her eyes before getting up and entering the bathroom. He watched around the room as he caught the bartender staring at him.

There were two bartenders, one dressed in red, Fancy dressed to be working at a bar. And the other dressed in dark shades. Both stared at him before talking to each other.

"He ordered another round of shots for himself. Can we deny that?" Gambit said before watching Neorch sigh.

"I don't know. Just give it to him."

Neorch watched the girl he was sitting with come out of the bathroom wiping her face of tears. "Poor girl.." Neorch said before watching another scene unfold.

Astarte walked up to Charlie who was holding her phone. "The hell are you doing?"

"Going through your phone. You've been acting real defensive lately"

"Fuck this. " Astarte grabbed her phone from Charlie's hands and put it in her pocket before feeling pain on her face. Astarte put her hand on her cheek feeling the heat from his hand. "You like playing with death don't you?" Astarte said walking towards the bar sitting on the barstool across from the bartender watching him line shot glasses across from her.

"Hey, welcome to the bar, what can I get ya?"

"An angel shot, please.."

The bartender stopped pouring the drinks. "Who"

"..Blue shirt. Idiot just smacked me." Astarte said resting her hand on her cheek realizing he cut her cheek.

Astarte watched the bartender turn to a man dressed in red

"Gambit, watch the bar."

"Yes sir"

Neorch walked out of the bar and approached Charlie.

"Hey. Hey buddy. I need to talk to you."

Charlie turned looking Neorch up and down. "Whah? Who the hell are you?"

"The owner. You need to leave."

"I don't gotta listen to you. Where is my girlfriend?"

"Sir, this is a small bar on the outskirts of town, not a restaurant. I can and will beat your ass myself. Now, please. Get out." Neorch stood back watching Charlie stand from the table and stumbled out. Neorch returned to the bar looking at the girl as she had a face full of tears.

"Gambit, comfort her"

"Boss. I don't know how.."

"Close my tab. Let me see the damage he caused"

"You didn't drink anything tonight correct,"

Astarte shook her head "I'll handle it. You need a new boyfriend"

"Yeah.. yeah.. working on that"

Neorch reached and grabbed Astarte's hand before holding it giving her a warm smile "You are going to be okay. Have you eaten anything? I can get you some chips or something." Astarte nodded before watching him slide a bag of chips over to her.

"Sadly, I don't have enough funds to have an actual kitchen like the bars you probably see in the city but it's a work in progress."

"Are you assuming I'm from the city?" Astarte said opening the bag of chips.

"My fault, Not exactly. You just seem like a city girl."

"Well, I am, So now what? you going to tell me my future?"

"If you want me to" Neorch began to walk away before Gambit stopped him "She is being sarcastic."

"Oh."

"Also that tab.." Gambit started before Neorch punched him.

"No, I'm not going to leave you bankrupt or lost of money. You said yourself you work hard on this place and it shows. Tell me the damage."

"147$," Gambit said watching Astarte laugh. "That's pocket lint." Astarte reached into her pocket pulling out a clip of cash placing two, one hundred dollar bills on the counter"

"Are you being serious?"

"Keep the change. You guys can split it or something." Astarte said before putting the clip back into her pocket. She dug around until she brought out her phone. Unlocking it and opening her contacts before creating a new one and sliding her phone across the counter to Neorch.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. You saved me from my stupid abusive boyfriend. The least I could do."

Neorch looked toward Gambit before grabbing her phone putting in his number and sliding it back towards her. She paused for a moment before sliding the phone back to him. "Call it."

"What?"

"Call your number from my phone so I know it's yours."

"oh- Okay." Astarte watched Neorch bring out his phone placing it on the counter and pressed call. Moments later his screen glowed with her number. "Good, Now you have my number. "

Astarte grabbed her phone and hung up the call putting it back into her pocket. "I gotta get back home and deal with him. I'll probably be back a different day."

"Alright, And I never got your name."

"Astarte"

"Nice to met you Astarte, Neorch."

"Very nice." Astarte got down from the bar and walked out of the bar avoiding the stares at her.

"You know, Neorch." Gambit leaned on the bar turning his head towards Neorch who had a smile on his face. "She's dangerous.".

"Mhm" Neorch said not acknowledging what was actually said until Gambit waved his hand in front of his face.

"Hey." Gambit said causing Neorch to snap out of his dream land.

"Hm? What?"

"I said she's dangerous."

"I dont believe you. I don't see it" Neorch said turning around aligning the alcohol bottles.

"Neorch" Neorch turned towards Gambit watching him roll up his jacket sleeve to reveal a tattoo. A skull with a snake. "Okay? And?"

"I'm in a mafia. Every mafia member has a tattoo for their symbol"

"Then why didn't I see one on her?" Neorch questioned.

"She's probably hiding it." Gambit sighed before pulling down his sleeve.

"I know her from pure rumors."

"Yeah yeah. You should know rumors arnt true" Neorch said playfully pushing Gambit who smiled before returning to the lobby of the bar cleaning tables.