Difficult Timezones, Different childhoods - Memory

Jaycee got a call to organize a drug deal. She called her best dealer. She warned the person that if they don't hand over the money to the dealer then things will be going south. The person didn't seem to worry. They organized the deal in a normal location. Sadly the person thought Jaycee was lying when she said things will go south when they don't hand over the money.

"Another one? Where do you get these guys? Walmart." Astarte said rolling her eyes strapping her vest mumbling curse words.

Astarte got down to the car garage grabbed a random set of keys and pressed the unlock button watching the headlights flash "Hm." Astarte said before opening the door and getting inside. She turned the key in the ignition watching the dashboard light up. "473 miles? I need to drive more." Astarte pulled out of the car garage plugging in the location of the deal. "Why. It always goes wrong in that spot"

Astarte arrived at the location. Parking the car and getting out slamming the car door. Her dealer turned around smiling before backing up "What's going on here?"

"They are suggesting that the drugs cost too much-" The dealer said before watching the man drop their jaw staring at Astarte.

"Listen- We don't give out coupons for drugs. Buy or don't. Don't make me waste ammo on you." Astarte watched the man dig in their pockets pulling out a clip of cash.

"Four hundred. Extra hundred for wasting my time" Astarte said watching him count the money.

"Count it again," Astarte said pushing the dealer to collect the money. Astarte watched them hand over the clip of money and the dealer nodded after counting.

"Grab the drugs. Give it to them. Give me that" Astarte grabbed one of the hundred dollar bills and put it in her pocket.

"Don't do this shit again," Astarte said to the man before signaling the dealer to get inside her car.

Astarte jumped in the car and started it watching the dealer buckle themselves in before looking in the backseat and seeing a rifle that was fully loaded.

"You weren't going to use that were you?"

"Oh, I fucking was if he didn't grab that damn money."

"Why did he give the money once you showed up?" The dealer said watching Astarte violently turn out of the parking lot.

"One. Look at me," Astarte said watching the dealer set his eyes on Astarte. "Fully armored. And it was just him. He probably brought a pistol. I have a whole rifle and a revolver on my hip. I would be scared to shit"

Astarte kept the conversation before parking the car outside her office grabbed the dealer from the car and pushed him inside.

Once they got to the floor Astarte led him to Zack.

"Dad. I got him"

"Good, he's alive. Here. You should have Jaycee's number. Watch out for another call" Zack handed the dealer four hundred extra dollars on top of the money from the deal.

"Get out here," Astarte said pushing him down the hall.

Astarte sat down in front of her father sighing.
"Waste of my damn time."

"It happens. Go back to the penthouse" Zack said watching Astarte stand before leaving his office. Finding the dealer flirting with her assistant. "Get the fuck out," Astarte said before grabbing the dealer and pushing them through the glass doors watching them stumble backward and fall. Astarte turned to her assistant "You okay?"

"Yeah. Tried taking me to a bar. I'm married"

"Stupid ass," Astarte said before looking and watching the dealer crawl into an elevator.

Astarte finally arrived at the penthouse before receiving a call from a certain someone.

"What?"

"No, sorry. I'm just frustrated. "

"If you can, please"

"Alright. See you in a minute.".

Astarte hung up the phone throwing herself on the couch before throwing her phone across the room watching it hit the wall and bounce on the floor.
She took the hundred dollar bill out of her pocket stood from the couch and walked into her room placing it on the nightstand pulling out a drawer and placing her revolver inside. She sighed before taking off her vest and placing it against her wall where the dark perfectly hid it.

Astarte walked out of her room watching Neorch turn around the corner and immediately run and hug her.

"Oh my God. Warning next time" Astarte said hugging him back.

"I got worried for a minute. I thought something happened" he said.

"Oh I wish I could tell you," Astarte said sitting down and watching Neorch pour himself a glass.

"I mean, nothing is stopping you."

"Your reaction is what is stopping me and I don't want you to leave because then I gotta do the whole court deal and I'd rather not do it."

"Court?"

"Mhm," Astarte said looking up at him as he paused.

"Is that like a rich people thing?"

"Right...I forgot you don't understand"

"Listen. I'm only a bartender working minimum wage. Of course, I don't understand"

"Sleeping with a 'rich person'" Astarte said throwing up air quotes.

"Well, now you make it sound like I'm using you." Neorch pouted.

"If you were using me I wouldn't have you saved in my phone." Neorch laughed at Astarte's statement. "Glad to know I'm doing something right"

Neorch finished pouring him and Astarte a drink and sat down next to her wrapping his arm around her.

"So, what happened?"