Needy and Paranoid

Astarte stirred awake suddenly feeling Jaycee before taking a deep breath. Jaycee woke "What happened? Bad dream?"

Astarte nodded before Jaycee rested her head back onto her chest. "What was it about?"

Astarte took a deep breath before closing her eyes "Nothing important."

"Nothing important? Really?"

"What? It is not important. It's a dream. It means nothing." Astarte said opening her eyes

"You are terrible at lying," Jaycee said snickering

"C'mon. If it isn't important, you shouldn't be holding back on sharing it."

"Okay, Okay," Astarte said before taking a deep breath.

"You remember Charlie? My ex."

"Oh, that bastard. Did you have a dream about you guys still dating or something?"

"No. I had a dream about when I first met Neorch at his bar asking him for an angel shot because I got tired of Charlie abusing me for my money."

"wow.."

"Yeah. Not important." Astarte said before resting her eyes once more and drifting off to sleep. Jaycee decided to fall asleep as well before waking up to a woman talking. Jaycee raised her head off Astarte's chest watching the doorway as a figure almost dance in the light.

"what in the hell.." Jaycee whispered

"Probably just jade.." Jaycee rested her head back down on Astarte's chest before hearing Astarte mumbling "Just go back to sleep. Its Kennedy"

"Oh, how do you know?"

"She is here with dad. She is probably about to walk through the door in a second." Astarte turned her head opening her eyes before watching Kennedy pop into the bedroom.

"You had to mentally prepare yourself for that huh?"

"Yeah, I didn't want you thinking I was a stranger and I get shot."

"I know who you are by your voice. You are fine. What do you want?"

"Just checking on my girls I guess. I'm waiting for your father to get here so I can talk with him."

"Okay, Go wait somewhere else. I need to sleep before I actually shove a gun in your face." Astarte gave a fake smile watching her jump out of the door frame and hearing her walking against the marble floors. "Go back to sleep," Astarte said watching Jaycee drift off to sleep.

Kennedy walked back towards the elevator standing for a moment bringing out her phone before hearing a ding and watching the doors open seeing Neorch standing there. "Oh. Astarte isn't here at the moment."

"Oh? Why?"

"I don't know. She went for a drive."

"That's weird because her motorcycle is still here."

"She took a different car."

"Alright," Neorch said sensing the lies spilling from her lips.

"I'll call her then." Neorch brought out her phone before Kennedy attempted to put a stop to it.

"No, You don't need to call her. She is driving."

"Too late," Neorch said putting the call on speaker hearing it ring for a second before Astarte picked up.

"What Neorch."

"Where are you?"

"In bed with Jaycee. Why?"

"So you aren't driving?"

"Why the fuck would I be driving." Astarte said in question before the sound of shuffling was heard and Jaycee yelled "Fuck you Neorch" Into the phone.

"Alright. Just checking. I'll be up to the room in a minute."

"Alright, love." Astarte hung up the phone before throwing it on the side table and resting herself back down. "I fear something," Jaycee said out of the blue causing Astarte to look down at her. "What?"

"Kennedy was just in here. I hear Neorch in the hall. He is already here. I feel like she lied."

"Lied about me not being here? Why."

"I don't know," Jaycee said before turning her head after feeling a gust of wind and a dark figure standing beside them. " May I help you?"

"I'd like my girlfriend back please," Neorch said before sitting down on the bed.

"No," Jaycee said before Astarte rolled her eyes. "Why were you asking if I was driving or whatever you called me for?"

"Your father's girlfriend told me you weren't here."

"I fucking knew it!" Jaycee shouted

"Okay, future teller," Astarte said laughing.

"Get some rest hun. I can tell you need it. You are aggressively slurring your words."

"Oh hush," Astarte said before signaling Neorch to lay down beside her. "You haven't slept yet. Just lay beside me."

"but." Neorch pouted.

"My sister is right here." Astarte said watching Neorch climb into bed and cover up "Goodnight." Neorch said before turning over and drifting off to sleep.

"I love you" Astarte said turning her head watching Neorch turn "I love you too"

"You two get a room." Jaycee said smirking

"We do. Your lying in it." Neorch said adjusting himself pulling the blanket off Astarte on accident.

"Damn it's fucking cold!" Jaycee said

"You get used to it."