Forgiven Actions

It has been two months since the incident with Astarte. She is fully recovered and happy.

"This is Thorin. Your bodyguard." Zach introduced him to Astarte. They shook hands, and Astarte walked off, showing him a tour. Jaycee was sitting on the couch, playing on her phone near Jade. Zach walked back over to the door and let in another person. A tall blonde women. She reminded Jade of Martha, Astartes, and Jaycee's mother. Jade has seen her around the office plenty of times. Usually up Derek's ass begging for things. Zach led her over, and Jaycee put away her phone and greeted the women.

"This is Jaycee-one of my daughters. Astarte will be around here somewhere," he said, looking for her.

"This is Jade." Jade stood and shook her hand, pretending she'd never met her.

"Jaycee, will you show her around?" Zach asked, handing the woman over to Jaycee.

"Her name is Roxanne," Zach said before taking a phone call. Jade watched as Jaycee walked off with Roxanne and toured the area. Astarte was heard greeting Roxanne and returned to the room.

"And last. This is my room. You don't even need to go in here. If anything, stand outside or by the door. And this is Jade. She's a good person. If she needs inside my room, let her without a question, okay?" Thorin shook his head before shaking Jade's hand.

Thorin looked like a man with money. Athletic, a good size for a bodyguard.

"If you feel like I'm in danger. Do whatever you need. Don't baby me, though. I know how to protect myself." Astarte set the rules clear.

"Gotcha, boss." Thorin was much taller than Astarte. Thorin patted Astarte's shoulder, watching her roll her eyes. He stared at her momentarily before letting his hand fall to his side. Jaycee walked up to them with Roxanne.

"Alright, Roxi knows the building now. Go ahead and sit down. Make yourself at home."

Roxanne sat next to Jade, attempting to give her a clue as to why she was there. At this point, Jade is utterly loyal to the mafia and hopes the mission won't return to haunt her.

Jade scooted herself away from Roxanne and a bit closer toward Astarte, grabbing her sleeve. Astarte looked up from her phone and grabbed Jade's hand, looking towards Roxanne and watching Jade nod. Astarte stood from the couch, stretching before speaking to Jade, "Hey Jade, I need you real quick." Astarte grabbed Jade's shoulder, pushing her in front, signaling her to leave the room.

Roxanna spoke, "Where are you going?"

Astarte turned before rolling her eyes. "I want a second opinion on a tattoo I should get." Astarte turned around, pushing Jade in front of her and into a different part of the penthouse.

"Are you being serious?"

"Hell no, I'm covered in tattoos. What was that little thing you did when Roxanna sat down."

"I just don't feel safe around her. She gives me an uneasy feeling." Astarte hugged Jade before attempting to let go and then pushing Jade off. "Listen, You don't even have to say anything. I know I smell good. Everyone reminds me constantly." Astarte said before walking into the kitchen. "I can have Neorch order some food or cook. Up to you." Astarte said, searching in the cabinets

Jade smiled before answering, "Have Neorch go get food."

Jade felt so safe and had grown closer to Astarte. Treating her like an older sister that she never had. Jade was always the oldest and grew tired of it.

"If I see you being uncomfortable, I'll take you away again in a situation like this, and we can do something else. I want to protect you. She just got here. She can fucking cry for all I care." Astarte said before leaving the kitchen and standing before Jade on her phone, texting Neorch.