New Faces

Jade ended up with the bright sun shining through the glass panels. The curtain is raised, and a figure is standing nearby.
"Let me sleep," She said, squinting her eyes

"I can't do that. You have that job you have to do, hun."

"Momma 5 more minutes"

"Get your ass up" Jade watched her storm out of your room. She rubs her eyes in frustration and sits up. She set her feet on the floor, headed to her bathroom, and got ready. After getting dressed, she decided to walk downstairs, where she found the rest of her family. Her little brother Arlo ran up to her and tightly hugged her.

"Good luck with your job! I hope you get hired!" Jade picks him up and heads toward the living room, where other gremlins are playing. She sat down with Arlo and, over the screaming, said I love you.

Soon after many goodbyes, hugs, and kisses, she headed off the road following a GPS point her Boss gave her. She arrives at a very tall building. Looks like an office building. She can see the elevator from the outside heading upwards. There were two armed guards at the front door. A red carpet under their feet. They caught her presence quickly.
"Business?"

"I'm starting a job here, working for." Jade scrambled to grab the paper the Boss's name was written on
"Zack?"

"Come inside. The lady at the desk will ask you for a code. Just tell her ZH4. She will give you the floor number."

"Thank you!" she nodded as she pushed the tinted glass doors. Inside, it smelled like a dentist's office. She walked up to a lady wearing a maroon-colored dress.
"ZH4?" She nodded after she said that. She was typing on her computer.
"Name"

"Jade?"
She typed some more and smiled.
"Ah, everyone is excited about you. Go to floor 43"

She walked over to the elevator and waited for it to arrive. After doing so, she pressed the 43rd floor and felt the elevator begin to move. She looks out the glass walls to see all of Las Vegas-such a beautiful sight in the early morning. The peace was disrupted by the elevator beeping and the doors slamming open. She walks out to another set of glass doors. She saw a brunette-haired girl sitting at a desk.

"The boss will be with you in a moment if you just sit down."

"I can stand," She said before watching who she assumed was the youngest sister introduce herself. It's exactly like the picture. She was dressed in an armored plated vest like her sister in the picture. Gun strapped to her hip. She shook her hand before she spoke.

"Nice to finally meet you, Jade. If you'd like, You can meet your Boss and my sister." She nodded while following her around the corner and down the hall before seeing a corridor tucked off to the side of the hall where the oldest sister assumed to be; Boss sat laughing. It can't be that hard.

"Dad, Astarte? Jade."

She watched Astarte stand before adjusting her vest and reaching her hand out, taking it before she quickly released. She felt the rings that decorated her fingers. All except her ring finger. Single? How.

She looked over toward the Boss, but he didn't stand

"I shouldn't need to stand. Nice to meet you, Jade."

"Astarte, If you will. Give her a tour." Jade watched as she nodded walking out of the room and down the hall. "Are you going to follow? This place will get confusing, and I can't hold your hand."

"Yeah, yeah, Sorry. It is just a lot to take in," Jade said, catching up with her.

"Tell me about it." She said, looking over at Jade. Jade blinked rapidly before staring at the floor, refusing to keep eye contact with her.

"C'mon? Tell me about yourself."

"Sorry, it just-" Jade began to say

"Yeah, Nobody normally can." She said, cutting Jade off.

Shortly, the tour was over. The tour contained rooms Jade couldn't and could visit and showed where she usually would sit if she needed her. They also exchanged phone numbers on the way back to the room where she initially found her.

"Done," Astarte said, walking into the room and looking down at her father on his phone.

"Sorry, I got a message. Very nice. Just chill for today. Nothing huge is happening around for you, Jade."

Astarte sat back down, digging her face in her phone before Jaycee appeared behind Jade. "Hey-"

Jade jumped before hugging a wall, and Jaycee burst out laughing
"I was going to ask if you wanted something to eat?"

"No, Thank you," Jade said as Jaycee turned to her sister. Before asking, she already answered, "No, Neorch is bringing food. I got you some, too. Don't worry about it."

Who is Neorch?

"Oh, Okay. Can-"

"No." Jade watched Astarte look up from her phone and saw Jaycee roll her eyes before ducking down the hall.

Unsure of what would be asked, Jade didn't worry. "May I sit next to you?"

"Go right ahead," Astarte said, hurrying over and inviting Jade to sit down.

"Don't touch my revolver, and we will be good."

"What revolver-" Jade said before feeling the barrel against her chest. Not even realizing she had moved to grab it

"Don't look down at it," Astarte said, strictly watching Jade, barely holding eye contact with her.

"Hmm.." She said before smiling and resting the gun in her lap.

"Classic move she plays. Usually, that defines whether you listen to her or not." Astarte's father said before apologizing for her actions.

"She listened," Astarte said, resting against the back of the couch.

"Glad to know this one will be alive.."