Frustrated Family

Later that day Astarte was sitting on the couch near one of her many bars inside the penthouse. Neorch was standing nearby while Jaycee was sitting beside Astarte.

"So what are we doing again?"

"I'm waiting for Dad to call me about a deal I must sort out. They won't give our guy the money." Astarte looked up towards Neorch who was standing beside the couch. He rested his hand on her shoulder for comfort. Astarte smiled before watching her phone light up on the table. Astarte grabbed it and stood answering the phone call walking out of the room.

Astarte came back into the room minutes later grabbing her plate carrier and reaching down near a black crate unlocking it and revealing an M16. Grabbing 3 ammo clips equipping them on her vest and loading the gun.

"Where are you going?" Jaycee said after watching for a moment

"To a shoot out. Have our medical team on standby." Astarte reached into her pocket and tossed the other earpiece to Jaycee. Astarte quickly kissed Neorch before leaving the penthouse and down to the garage. Putting in the earpiece she tested it listening to her father and Jaycee on the other end. Astarte grabbed a random set of keys pressing the unlock button and watching one of the headlights glow in the dim garage. She unlocked the car and got into the driver's seat throwing the rifle in the passenger seat. She burned rubber leaving the garage.

"Where is this?"

"The gas station across from the bank," Zack said

"You know how many banks have gas stations near them?"

"The bank we hit 2 months ago"

"Ah yes, More specific. Thanks." Astarte said rolling her eyes setting down a coordinate on her GPS and praying it was correct.

While Astarte was doing 80 in a 45 she watched as the screen told her she was getting call. Jade was calling her. She answered.

"Kinda busy at the moment sweetheart. What's up?"

"I just wanted to ask where you were. Some lady in the lobby of the office keeps saying she is looking for you and Jaycee but security won't let her through."

"Okay. Well, tell her I'll be there in maybe an hour or two. I'm dealing with something." Astarte said attempting to keep the truth from Jade.

"Okay, Sorry"

"You're fine. Talk to you later" Jade heard while hearing an engine roar in the background before the call ended. Jade put her phone away and walked up to the lady "Miss? Astarte said she will be back in 2 hours" Jade watched the lady turn and give a dirty look.

"I'll just call her."

"Please let's not She is busy at the moment-" Jade watched the lady bring out her phone and type in what assumed to be Astarte's number and call. Jade watched the elevator open and Zack stepped out. "Stop calling Astarte. She's on a mission at the moment. She will be back."

"Oh hello to you too" The lady brought down her phone.

"She's not here at the moment. She will be back in maybe an hour, or two. She's driving."

"Oh well, she should be able to answer the phone seeing how she answered this woman over here."

"Because she working with Jade," Zack said defending Jade

"Jade? Hm. She should answer her mother through"

"I'm not dealing with this. You can sit here and wait or don't. She or my feelings will not be hurt by you leaving."

Jade watched the woman storm out of the building. Pushing a poor civilian out of the way on her way out.

"Who is that?"

"That is Astartes and Jaycee's mother. My ex"

"Why is she such a bitch? I'm sorry but god damn-"

"No, I fully agree. She is just protective over something she can't have."

Jade watched Zack respond to Astarte in his earpiece asking if she was okay.

"Do you need medical?"

"Not me. They do." Astarte responded in the earpiece standing over the last alive dealer.

"Ha, You thought I was crazy." Astarte rolled them over on their back and pickpocketed them. Grabbing bands of cash. "Bingo." Astarte pulled out her revolver pointing it at the dealer and unloaded the last shot in her chamber.

Astarte pressed on her earpiece "Got the money. I'll be returning soon."

"Perfect. I'll tell Neorch" Jaycee said. Astarte unlocked her car which she parked a block down and threw her gun in the passenger seat. "Let's get the fuck out of here before the goddamn news shows up" Astarte took off her gloves and threw them on the passager floorboard. She started her car and drove out of the area quickly.

After twenty minutes Astarte parked her car in the parking garage and was greeted by her father, sister, and boyfriend. Astarte grabbed her rifle and locked her car. They also had their medical team waiting as well. Astarte threw her keys to Neorch who caught it before pocketing it and hugging her despite her being covered in blood and smelling like gunpowder. Astarte handed over her revolver to her father who checked to see it was empty. He grinned before closing the chamber. "Come into my office when you are finished here please."

Astarte nodded before hugging Jaycee as well. The medical team examined Astarte and checked her off as clear to go besides maybe a few scratches and cuts.

Everyone made it back into the penthouse. Talking and laughing loudly. Astarte dropped her vest and put her rifle back in the crate she got it from. She walked into the main living room to see her mother sitting on the couch.

"How the fuck did she get in here," Astarte said before watching Jaycee and Neorch back off as they had nothing to do with this.

"Hello to you too Astarte."

"How did you get in here?"

"Why are you covered in blood?"

"It is not mine," Astarte said before smearing the blood attempting to wipe it off.

"Sit down. Will you?"

"I can stand. What do you want?" Astarte said watching her mother attempt once more.

"I told you I wanted to discuss and catch up on things."

"Who the fuck let you in here." Astarte began to grow angry.

"Not someone you'd expect." Astartes mother grinned