Deadly Deals (Empty Threats pt 2) - Memory

Astarte sat in her car outside a bar she'd visited a few days ago. An excellent idea that came to her mind. She remembered when she last went inside the bar, one of the men mentioned Gambit, The leaderboard for mafia members; He ranked number one—leaving her second place. She didn't mind. She didn't want that much heat, and the friendship between her and him was mutual, besides pretending to hate each other for the higher-ups. 

Astarte scrolled through her contacts until she reached Gambit's. She was giving him a call. Listening to it ring for a moment before he finally picked up.

"I thought you would leave me on voicemail, you bastard." 

"oh god, no. I know how much you hate that. You would have come and beat my ass."  Gambit snickered before getting straight to business. "Whatcha need?"

"How do I put this?" Astarte began trailing off before Gambit cut off her thoughts, "Whose ass do I have to beat." 

"I don't need you to hold my hand," Astarte said before getting to her original thought.

"Right.." Gambit teased before going silent, letting her think

"You know how we are supposed to hate each other?" Astarte asked, listening to him agree.

"There was a bar for which I did a task, and they mentioned you once they found out who I was. You wanna scare them?"

"What do you mean? Have invisible hatred for each other in public?"

"Yeah, Like I go in the bar, Sit down. You come in shortly after, and we start shit with each other," Astarte said, listening to Gambit laugh. "I love that Idea. How far am I allowed to go." 

"I won't shoot you. I'll miss on purpose." 

"so, free game?"

"Mhm! Make it as realistic as possible. I'm sorry for the punches you will receive." Astarte said, unbuckling herself from her seat.

"Gotcha, boss. Which bar?"

"I'll send you the cords; I'll be inside."

"Alright, Astarte, I'll be over,"  Gambit said, hanging up the phone before looking up at Neorch. "I got to go meet with your girl." 

"Why?" Neorch said, pausing what he was doing.

"She wants to have a little fun with this bar owner." 

Gambit finally arrived at the bar, looking over at Astarte's blacked-out Ford Mustang. Such a beauty 

Gambit opened the door to the bar, listening to the music as it blared, looking over the crowd, watching the wondering eyes until they caught his figure. Soon, the whole bar was staring at him. He didn't see the one person he wanted, though. There was one man surrounded by women who signaled him over. He politely ignored, waving his hand before watching him shake his head, continuing to attempt to grab his attention until he finally gave in. Walking upon him, he smiled. "Gambit. I've heard so much about you." 

"What do you want?"

"How much drama do you get with Astarte?"

Gambit paused before answering how Astarte probably wanted him to. "Plenty. Why? Is she here?"

"Well, yes, but she works for me. Can you go a little easy on her?"

"Easy? God, no." Gambit pulled out his pistol before the man quickly pushed the girls off of him. "Aye! Calm down, cowboy! She's a generally good person." 

"Whatever. Where is she?"

"How can you miss her." the man said, leaning back and looking over at the back of Astarte as she sat at the bar. Watching Gambit finally find her. 

Gambit walked over to Astarte, resting his pistol on her head. "So.." 

Astarte lowered her head, placing the glass of alcohol on the counter. "You bitch. I can never get peace, can I?"

"No, we discussed this last time, and the next time I find you, I'd kill your ass," Gambit said, pressing the gun barrel against her skull, watching her turn her head to look at him. 

"Fuck you," Astarte said, getting down from the stool and looking down the barrel of his pistol. "I'm not scared of death. Bitch is scared of me," Astarte said before grabbing the gun, moving it out of the way listening to the gunfire. Astarte smiled before punching Gambit across the face, watching him quickly retaliate, shoving Astarte back and kicking her down to her knees. 

Gambit stepped back, watching Astarte look up at him. Astarte gave him a quick smile before lunging at him, grabbing him by his vest, picking him up in the air, and slamming him onto the bar before pushing him to the end of the bar, watching him fall to the floor. Broken glass covered the floor. "wow." Gambit said, getting off the floor and feeling the alcohol dress him. 

Gambit grabbed a chair from a nearby table, throwing it at Astarte, watching her dodge it. "she can dodge chairs. That's a new one." Gambit said, watching Astarte grab a beer bottle, Breaking it in half, creating a shank before standing on one of the tables. "OH." Gambit said before grabbing another chair and throwing it at her, watching it hit her, causing her to fall to the floor. "Oh, that had to hurt." Astarte felt dazed before losing consciousness and waking up in the same place. Pushing the chair off of her, she stood with a shank in hand before throwing it at the red blur and grabbing onto a nearby surface as she began to go unconscious. 

Gambit watched Astarte completely miss before falling to the floor. Worry set over him. He must continue the fight, though. He walked over to her, watching as she opened her eyes; Astarte punched Gambit across the face before standing back on her feet. Watching him quickly recover, attempting to smack her across the face with her pistol and grabbing his arm, shoving it out of the way. Astarte pulled out her revolver, setting it on Gambit's chest. "I see why you are in second place now." Gambit gave her a small reassuring smile with the compliment before backing up. 

"I know my place," Astarte said, wiping his blood off her face, holstering her revolver before watching Gambit stretch out his hand for a truce. Astarte paused momentarily, looking around the room before shaking his hand. "Alright, warriors. I need a favor." The man said, standing from his booth. Looking, watching both turn their heads, Hands still shaking before dropping. "Make this quick," Gambit said, checking his watch. 

"There is a gentleman that has been harassing my woman. I need him sorted." The man said, watching Gambit and Astarte nod in sync before walking out of the bar together. Once she exited the bar, turning the corner into an alleyway, Astarte slumped against the wall, grabbing her head. "How fucking hard did you throw that damn chair?" Astarte said, feeling the blood on the back of her head. 

"I didn't mean for you to hit your head on the concrete ground!" Gambit said, crouching down, examining the cut on the back of her head. "Here. I know a bit or two about medical treatment."