Hidden Purpose

Jaycee waited until the sun began to set before showing Jade the penthouse. As Jade looked around, she couldn't help but exclaim how amazing it looked with its beautiful marble walls. Jaycee then reminded Jade of her dad's offer for her to stay there. She also mentioned that the penthouse was a regular hangout spot for Astarte and her boyfriend, as well as for Jaycee and her own significant other. Jade nodded in understanding. Jaycee walked over to a small living room bar and introduced Jade. The third one she has seen. A flat-screen TV on the wall and a bedroom were visible from where Jade was sitting. She watched her pour herself a glass of a clear liquid. Jade guessed it was vodka.

"Do you drink?" Jaycee sat next to Jade, bringing the glass to her lips

"On occasion," Jade said, looking at the shelves of alcohol
Does their dad let them drink?

"I understand. My sister will be here shortly." Jaycee said, setting down her glass

"Am I allowed to ask why?" Jade looked towards her. She was staring at her hazel eyes.

"She just wanted to hang out with us. She probably won't stay long. Never normally does when there are other people here."

"Oh, okay." Jade watched Jaycee pick up the glass again.

Jade heard the door open, and a figure wearing all leather and a biking helmet walked in. I assumed it was Astarte. I watched her remove the helmet and fix her hair in a mirror.
Astarte walked over to her sister, took the glass out of her hand, and placed it on the table. Jaycee stood up and hugged her sister. A moment of embrace later, Jaycee sat down, and Astarte shook Jade's hand. Astarte sat next to her sister and wrapped her arm around her.
"What are we doing today?" Astarte asked

"Well. You do your normal drug dealing. And I guess I manage exports and imports shipments," Jaycee said, watching Astarte stand at the sound of the elevator ding.

"Has Dad said anything different?" Jaycee said, watching Astarte turn around, and Neorch walk in and smile.

"Nope," Astarte said before being pulled by Neorch as he rested his arm around her shoulder.

"Jade. Sweetheart. This is my boyfriend, Neorch." Jade saw a husk man. Armed. Leather jacket. They also looked like a biker. "Nice to meet you," Neorch said, shaking her hand. And pulled Astarte into an embrace. She noticed how he grabbed her revolver off of her and handed it to Jaycee without Astarte noticing. Jaycee tucked the revolver under her thigh. Grabbing her drink, she leaned back. She turned to Jade and smiled. Jade sat back down and watched as Astarte noticed her gun was gone.

"Where is it?" Astarte said, patting herself down. She looked at Jaycee, who had a grin on her face. "Fine. Here," she lifted her leg and handed over the revolver. "You take all the fun out of things!" He pouted

"You wanna get smacked by this woman?" Jaycee said snickering

"I plead the 5th." He said jokingly
"Neorch, this is our new member Jade."

"Ah, I saw you earlier today, correct?"

"I believe so."

"Let's go get something to eat," Neorch tugged on Astarte's sleeve. She looked towards him and nodded.

"I'll catch you guys later. Don't get Jade killed." Jade watched Astarte reach for the extra glass Jaycee poured. Neorch grabbed it from her hands and placed it on the bar.

"You can't drink and then drive!" Astarte laughed devilishly and walked with Neorch, pulling out a cigar and lighting it gracefully before disappearing around a corner.

Jade decided to stay inside a hotel for a few nights rather than go home to her boyfriend, who was already suspicious about her mission. She finally gave in and decided to come home. A smell of perfume that wasn't hers filled the house as she unlocked the door and walked in. She decided not even to attempt to accuse him of anything. Jade's boyfriend left their bedroom, questioning what she was doing.