Invisible Ammo

"Get up."

"I swear to god If you don't get your fucking ass up." Jade woke up to Astarte yelling at her.

"Huh? What's going on?"

"Let's fucking go. Your boyfriend? What is his name?"

"Trey-" Jade said before getting cut off by Astarte "I don't care. He's about to eat lead."

"Astarte I don't want him dead!" Jade begged watching Astarte turn with a rifle in hand which she didn't notice earlier.

"Then what do you want."

" I don't know what I said last night. Can we just forget this all?"

"God you are worse than my drug dealers," Astarte mumbled before handing the rifle to Neorch. "Does the gun scare you? Is that why you are backing out of this?" Astarte walked over to Jade pulling her off the couch. "You will not know it happened."

"I don't know. I want this all to go away."

"yeah. It will-my way. Let's go Neorch. You are driving."

"You don't even know where he lives?"

"I know where you put your address on the application and I know you don't have enough money to have a second home."

Jade paused for a moment before realizing she put her mother's address on there. "Wait no that's my mother's house!" Astarte stopped for a moment before blinking. "Your mother's house. I'll go have a chat with her then." Astarte grabbed the rifle from Neorch.

"No guns, please... She is a nice woman." Jade said walking towards Astarte

"I'll test that for myself."

"Wait, Astarte please!" Astarte stopped once more before pointing the gun at Jade's chest "Let me do my damn job before I make you and your boyfriend eat lead." Astarte raised the barrel of the gun to her chin.

"Sit down," Astarte demanded watching Jade back up and sit back on the couch.

"See, Was it that hard? Jesus I feel like I have to babysit children," Astarte mumbled walking down the hall with Neorch.

"Sounds rough darling. He won't know what's coming." Neorch said before stopping Astarte before she entered the elevator and adjusting her vest. "I need to go by the office and grab another air tag for my vest."

"Your father already beat you to that." Neorch said pulling out an air tag from her vest before placing it back "Wow. Okay." Astarte said before reaching into her pockets and grabbing a patch that showed the Mafia symbol she had tattooed on her back. Handing it to Neorch as he slapped it on her shoulder to the velcroed patch. "Ready to go," Astarte said before taking a deep breath and stepping into the elevator.

"Do you think I'll be able to do something? Maybe threaten him?"

"Maybe. I'll think about it. You know how I'm strict about keeping you out of my mafia life."

"But I want to help you!"

"And I don't want to traumatize you. You would have taken your life if you did my job on a bad day."

"What about a good day?"

"You'd just get annoyed. You quickly realize how stupid people get." Astarte said with a pause as she grabbed a set of keys watching the headlights flash walking across the car garage with Neorch

"Or how quickly they give up money when you are armed." Astarte finished her sentence opening the car door and throwing her rifle in the back seat. Getting in the passenger seat and watching Neorch get in the driver seat. "Why am I driving?"

"Im fucking tired and her mother's house is an hour's drive. I'm taking a nap, It's eight in the goddamn morning." Astarte said looking at the digital time light up on the dashboard. "Alright, sweetheart." Neorch started the car and began driving.

Astarte drifted off to sleep as a memory, or a dream flooded her head.