Trained Thieves - Memory

Astarte is sitting at Neorch's bar. She came here to thank Neorch, the bartender, who intervened during a fight with her boyfriend a few weeks ago. She wanted to keep a low profile and avoid drawing attention to herself. However, she quickly realized that her plan had failed as she noticed someone approaching her from the corner of her eye. While waiting, Astarte took out her phone and scrolled through her unread messages from various people, such as dealers, spammers, celebrities, and talk show hosts, asking for interviews. Looking up from her phone, she saw someone she recognized, although she wasn't sure why. "I can never get peace. You've come to kill me, haven't you?" Astarte said, watching Gambit laugh. "You look relaxed for death. No, I work here." 

"I can't believe you work here; such a side gig," Astarte said, glancing around the interior before turning her attention back to Gambit. "Listen, you and I both know that having us in a closed area like this will cause tension in the public," Gambit began, but Astarte interrupted him by crawling out of the booth and pulling down her vest. Gambit took a step back and watched her. "I just wanted to thank your bartender, Neorch, for saving me from my boyfriend a few weeks ago. Then I'll be on my way." 

Gambit nodded and turned to face Neorch, standing behind the counter. He waved him over and watched Neorch take off his apron and walk over quickly. "Hm?" Neorch said, looking at Gambit. 

"All I wanted to say was thank you for saving me from that idiot of a boyfriend I had a couple of weeks ago," Astarte said. Neorch hugged her, ignoring her resistance, and then let go, watching Astarte blush and look down. "You asshole," Astarte said before adjusting her vest. Neorch smiled and looked over at Gambit, who rolled his eyes. "What?"

"Okay, Astarte, let's go," Gambit said as he grabbed Astarte's vest and pushed her towards the exit. "Aye, wait. Where are you taking her?" asked Neorch. "Kicking her out before we open. Having us both in here will be headlines. We are supposed to hate each other," Gambit replied, not paying attention to Astarte. She stopped walking, turned, and smacked him across the face. "Aye, little lady. Quit this," Gambit said, picking Astarte up over his shoulders. "Put me down!" Astarte squirmed from Gambit's hands, causing her to fall to the floor. "Let me go out willingly," Astarte said as she brought herself to her feet and watched Gambit back up. "You have my number," Neorch yelled across to Astarte as she left the bar. 

Neorch walked behind the bar, picked up his apron, and tied it around his waist. Gambit walked behind him, ignoring him, before focusing on cleaning the glasses. He then looked over at Gambit, leaning on the counter with a phone in his hand. "Damn. She invited you over tonight," Gambit said, watching Neorch look sharply at him. "What are you talking about?" Neorch asked. A moment of realization dawned on him, "Hey! That's my phone!" he said, slamming down the glass and grabbing his phone from Gambit's hands. "What is it with you mafia members being trained thieves!"