Family Doesn't Feel Real

Astarte placed herself across from her mother listening to her as she explained all the troubles she went through to get there. Zack has kept Jaycee and any other family members out of the room so Astarte doesn't feel pressured. Neorch has left the penthouse completely and gone to his bar.

"Okay? So what do you want me to say." Astarte said throwing up her hands.

"I'm sorry. Last I checked you moved to Missouri. Nobody told you to." Astarte watched as her mother rolled her eyes.

"You are just like your father. This is why I shouldn't even try changing you into your mother's girl."

"I lead the example you wanted me to don't I? Cold-hearted and a bitch?" Astarte said standing from the couch across from her mother.

"Yeah, I have my father's anger but I am second in command. I have to be cold-hearted. You left the mafia after you and Dad split. You cheated on him. You expected a hug when I saw you? You always insulted me all my damn childhood anyways. Remember? "

"Listen. Astarte you do have your father's anger. I can tell you are angry"

"I'm beyond angry now."

"Astarte please, Let me say what I want to say."

Astarte sat back down on the couch. "Go ahead. I'm all ears."

"I want to take you away from this mafia life. It isn't healthy. You just got back from killing people. Taking lifes."

"You hired me into this mafia. Remember that okay? I didn't have to do this."

"And you can leave!"

"No. No, I can't. You left and look where you are now. In Missouri living a what? Nine to five?"

"Listen. Just take a month's break. Come live with me."

"You lost your damn mind. Who would take my spot? Neorch? I don't want to drag him into this."

"You are still with him?"

"Excuse me?"

"Nevermind. Just remember this will all come back and bite you in the ass. Especially what you just came back from doing. You just expect people to leave you alone after you cleared out a group of their men? You better hire yourself guards next time you go out"

"It's funny how you think you're correct. How would you even know that."

"Because I just know. Just how I knew who would let me into your penthouse."

Astarte watched as her mother pull down her dress before standing and looking at her.

"What happened to my girl?"

"You don't want me to go into that."

"I'll lead you to the door," Astarte said standing following her mother with a grin. They turned the corner and saw Zack standing in front of Jaycee.

"I'll be back," Astarte's mother said before stepping into the elevator with Astarte. Zack gave her a confused look before watching the elevator take them down to the lobby.

"I have your number now so don't be afraid to call me."

"Oh I won't," Astarte said before watching her mother step out of the elevator and head towards the door leading outside. Astarte opened the door for her mother. Standing she listened to the final thing her mother had to say.

"One last thing, I know I was never there but I love you Astarte"

"Mhm." Astarte kicked her mother in the stomach watching her fall over and slammed the door. Astarte smiled from satisfaction. Zack saw this on the cameras and laughed before walking out of his security room. Jaycee peaked around the corner before seeing Zack smiling "She will be fine. I knew she could handle this."

"Do you want me to call Neorch?"

"Not yet. He's at work I believe. He will return sometime today."

Zack turned as the elevator dinged. Astarte stepped out and smiled before heading towards her room. "I'm going to the office. If you need anything. You know where to find me." Zack shouted before Astarte turned around and gave him a thumbs up before heading to take a shower.

Later that night Astarte found herself at Neorch's bar. Explaining the whole situation to him

"Knowing you and your anger I'm surprised you didn't punch her at most."

"Oh, I kicked her in the stomach? Does that count?" Neorch stopped for a moment before stating "I've seen you do worse. That's fair."

Astarte leaned on the counter as she watched 4 men with suits walk in making Astarte uneasy.

Astarte leaned forward whispering to Neorch who caught his eye on them as well. "I think they are here for me."

"There is no way."

They caught their eye on Astarte and talked amongst each other before walking towards her.

"Oh fuck. I don't have my revolver." Astarte got down from the stool. "Call my father" Astarte threw her phone over to Neorch who hid it under the bar before watching the men close in on Astarte. It hurt him that he couldn't do anything. He quickly dialed her father's number through her phone stepped out from the bar and headed towards the bathroom.

"Astarte." One of the men said pushing a chair out of his way before sprinting after Astarte she ran out the backdoor to the bar and ran into 4 more men waiting outside the backdoor.

"Fuck."

One of the men grabbed Astarte raising her into the air before slamming her into the concrete. "Where is your revolver?" One of the men asked Astarte as she felt the world around her spin. She began to spit up blood before attempting to stand. "I asked you a goddamn question!" He kicked her in the stomach before watching her roll over. "Fuck-" Astarte coughed up more blood before spitting it at one of the men "You-"

"Get her out of here" One of the men said standing over Astarte. He watched as they carried her into the back of one of their cars. Astarte was sitting in the backseat next to one of the men. Astarte went in and out of consciousness occasionally seeing the driver look in the rear view mirror at her and speaking to her. "You comfortable?"

"Of course," Astarte said before passing out once more before slumping her head forward but feeling it get caught by the man beside her. Pushing her head back to rest against the back of the seat.