16

Trigger Warning: contains disturbing scenes & mentions of SA

On a random day, when Heiran had unblocked the contact named 'As-Suho-le' and sent a quick text under the guise of a casual catch-up to her Ex, she had made the decision on a whim, drunk out of her mind and having no plan. The morning after the fiasco she gave herself quite the cardiac arrest when she realized exactly what she had done. She was even more startled when the said Ex replied with a time and location for a meet-up. Now that she had made the move, she couldn't back out of it without going through with it. Drunk Heiran thought meeting Suho and flirting some clues out of him was the perfect plan to bring down Lys and honor her promise to Namjoon. Sober Heiran found one too many problems with that plan.

1. He was married. (There was no guarantee he'd fall for it even considering how much of a creep he was.)

2. She herself was in a relationship (although the status of it was quite complicated as she and her significant other were both avoiding each other at the moment.)

3. Suho may probably know what she was up to (in which case his reply must be a trap.)

4. Even if Suho didn't know, the chances that he will find out are high (which can be quite dangerous considering Jungkook's car crash happened due to his snooping.)

In short, Heiran was doomed.

At the present time, as she sat in a coffee shop, trying to look interested as her Ex droned on about his perfect life, Heiran had never regretted a decision as much as she was regretting at the time.

Suho was always such a show-off; he hadn't shut up about the luxury car that he had recently bought for fifteen minutes straight. She had been at the cafe listening to him rant about his luxurious ventures for almost thirty minutes. Curiously enough, he was yet to mention his wife. Even more peculiar was the detail of his empty ring finger although a faint ring line was visible there. The most annoying part was how he seemed to close in the distance between their chairs no matter how much she discreetly tried to move away from him. His legs kept "accidentally" brushing against hers and it took every ounce of patience in her to not find the nearest pointy object and stab him with it. The guy just couldn't take a hint.

"Are you listening, Hei-Hei?" Suho questioned, breaking her out of her murderous daydreams. She physically recoiled at her old nickname but somehow managed to keep her face straight.

"Yes, of course."

"As I was saying, you should come to the Festa. I'll take you out in my Porsche. You've never been on one, have you?"

She forced out a smile, "Not at all." Sure, the Mayor might have personally escorted her to her apartment in his Lamborghini Urus last week but that hadn't been a Porsche.

Before Suho could find another tangent to go off on, Heiran decided to steer the conversation. "I heard you own a big private clinic now."

"Ah, yes, you heard that." Suho's lips stretched into a delighted grin, clearly glad that she had bought up another topic he could crow on. Watching his smile now made her skin crawl. Thinking back, she couldn't understand why she had ever found the guy before her charming.

Sure he was handsome and maybe had a nice voice. She tried to think of more reasons why she dated Suho but none came to her mind. Heiran concluded that 2020 was the year when her bar of standards hit an all-time low. Oh, wait. That wasn't true. It was last year when she had been infatuated with the mastermind of Yeongsan Murders.

"Yes! So you're like the main doctor or something, right? That's quite...an incredible position to be in!" She asked, putting on her dumb-blonde act, her voice airy and high.