21 pt. 1

Yoongi had an unsettling feeling about the day. It was especially due to the fact that Heiran had willingly decided to stay at home, disregarding her insane pride to appear unaffected by the whole break-up ordeal. He wondered if something happened at the office, but seeing as she was clearly intent on lying about the whole situation, Yoongi didn't question her further. Still, the way she had returned home late, ruffled up and freakish-looking was not a good look. Yoongi concluded something had happened. So he decided to stay home for the day as well, just in case she decided to be unstable today.

It was as he was brewing some hot soup for the hermit who was still asleep in her room at noon that he heard the phone buzz on the table. Yoongi only realized that it was Heiran's phone once he reached there and saw a distinct crack on the phone screen. He frowned, displeased. The girl had only gotten a new phone two months ago and had already broken the screen. Yoongi needed to have a serious talk with her about her expenditures. Just because her grandma was rich didn't mean Heiran could go around abusing her belongings like that. Aunt Yongseo would have been so disappointed.

Lifting the phone off the table, he read the caller ID.

Incoming call...

Imposter

Oh, how he knew this was coming. Jeon Jungkook, that dumba*s-jerk didn't even last a complete 48 hours after that melodramatic breakup in the living room after all. Yoongi had to admit, the guy had some insane nerve to call her back. Even yesterday Heiran had arrived home an absolute train wreck, her eyes red, her hair and dress a mess, rattled by everything she was going through. She was in hell because of this guy. Did he think he could call her up on the phone, hoping to just waltz back in like he didn't try to break her spirit?

Yoongi thought the f*ck not. It was not happening on his watch.

He hung up the call at once and blocked the number. Placing the phone back on the table, he walked back into the kitchen, sighing to himself.

"Do I have to do everything in this house myself?"

* * *

"When I said I will treat you to a Michelin dinner, this is not what I had in my mind." Heiran tucked her hair behind her ears, blowing a deep breath out of her lips, her face flushed red from alcohol. She was at the pub, poisoning her body with all the alcohol she can get her hands on.

Dohyeok sat across the table, dimples dancing on his cheeks, something arcanely expressive about his soulful eyes. He shook his head good-naturedly, his brunette hair flopping around at movement. "For me, this is as good as a Michelin dinner." Plucking a piece of perilla leaf kimchi from the table with his chopsticks, he took a bite in demonstration, widening his eyes as he pretended to savor its taste.

Heiran's lips unknowingly stretched to a smile, half amused and half guilty. "I am really shameless, aren't I? I'm dragging you into all of my problems just because I'm most comfortable with you..."

"Personally, I consider that a huge honor," Dohyeok announced, chewing on some kimchi bit.

She placed the shot glass on the table and exclaimed, "Why does everyone keep saying that? I'm not that great of a person!"

"That's true."

She gasped with great offense, "Excuse you! I was just saying that. I obviously didn't mean it!"

He sighed playfully, "And here I thought you were finally becoming self-aware."

"Woow! I didn't know you had a completely brutal side to you, Hyeok. You're turning out just like Yoongi!" Heiran exclaimed although she was grinning with good humor.