27

All through the night after the dinner, Jungkook had been waiting to get Heiran alone to set some things straight. But that was not an easy task when she shared the apartment with a roommate who had his girlfriend over. Not to mention her mom who had decided to pay her a visit. Thankfully, Heiran's mother was the only one on his side, asking him to stay for the night instead of driving home just before she went to bed. He'd absolutely needed that stroke of luck as he was not done settling the matters with Heiran who was suddenly being too slippery. The perfect moment came when she was assigned to kitchen duty. Finally discovering the golden opportunity, Jungkook slipped inside the kitchen after making sure the coast was clear.

Heiran must have expected his arrival. That was the only way she could've instantly told when he entered the kitchen despite his extraordinary stealth skills.

"Ah, Prosecutor. There you are! Ready to head out?" She called out, aggressively scrubbing the pot inside her sink, soap suds sticking to her arms and her hair. Seeing that his cover was blown, he naturally walked up to the counter and stood beside her prompting a stupid conversation starter. "What are you doing?"

Heiran gave him a pointed look, making him feel exactly as stupid as he felt coming up with that question. She didn't even deign him an answer.

"I trust you can find the door on your own since you're pretty familiar with the apartment's layout. Excuse me for not seeing out, Mr. Jeon. I'm quite occupied at the moment, you see?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. She was at it again, trying to push him away the more he tried to get closer to her, as slippery as an eel. "Why are you doing this? Is it because of Yoongi hyung's comment earlier?"

That seemed to touch a nerve. She dropped the plates into the sink, splashing soap water over the counter. "It has nothing to do with that." She hissed.

"Really? Because I don't believe that." He stated with a raise of an eyebrow.

Heiran gave a huff of annoyance and pulled off her dishwashing gloves before she grabbed his elbow to direct him over to the front door, "It seems you have forgotten where the exit is. No worries, I'll show you out—"

He was so over her playing hard to get, making it a point to prove that she was not easy at all. However, Jungkook was not going to back down without a fight. Swiftly sliding to the left, he blocked her way, causing her to stumble back against the counter. Using that as his leverage, he moved in, slamming his hands down over the countertop beside either side of her to trap her in between his arms. He found utmost satisfaction in the way her tough facade momentarily cracked in shock. "Think you can get rid of me that fast?"

"T-the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Trying to have a proper conversation." That shut her up, her annoyance at failing to find an appropriate retort obvious on her face. "Look, Ran. What's the point of all this when we both know how this is going to end? I just think this ritualistic chasing you around to get you to forgive me is getting a little old. Not to mention a huge time-waste too. So let's be honest with each other and cut the act, hm?"

"Hah! Someone's too confident." She scoffed.

"Confident?" Jungkook tilted his head, slightly inching his head a little closer to her face. All her bravado from seconds before wavered as she pulled back. He raised his hand and she squeezed her eyes shut. Jungkook didn't know what it was that she was expecting but it pleased him to see that she was affected by his actions. Brushing away the soap foam sticking to her hair, he whispered. "You're the one who told me that your feelings were still the same."

Heiran blinked in surprise, puzzled as whatever she was expecting did not happen. Maybe he even spied a hint of disappointment in her eyes. Or maybe he imagined that.