24 pt. 1

"Taehyung, what does it mean if your ex-girlfriend says 'Good Morning' to you? In a normal, casual way?"

The laptop screen displayed Taehyung on his computer, rapidly clicking away on his mouse as he edited his client's photographs. Jungkook was back inside his gloomy home, his face lit up by the bluish hue of his computer screen. His hair was a long, tangled mess and his pretentious masks were off. Taehyung could see just exactly how pitiful his best friend was.

He briefly glanced at the camera. "Did Ahn Heiran say 'Good Morning' to you?"

Jungkook shook his head in denial. "No. It's a different guy. A friend."

Taehyung paused his activity and stared at the camera, right into Jungkook's soul. "You don't have any friends other than me and Seokjin. And Seokjin is married, so obviously this is about Ahn Heiran."

Jungkook gave up on the pretense, running his hands through his overgrown locks. "Fine. It's her. She greeted me in the elevator this morning. It was really natural too. What does that mean? Does that mean she's moved on?"

Taehyung sighed, resuming his clickity-clackity on his computer keyboard. "Maybe that's what she wants you to think."

Jungkook sat up straighter in his chair. "Right? So she's pretending like she has moved on. To make me feel miserable, right?"

Taehyung furrowed his forehead, "Maybe." Jungkook released a sigh of relief. "Or maybe she really did move one. I don't know. My name is not Ahn Heiran!"

"I know, Tae. But you're the one with relationship advice. So at least take a guess!" Jungkook implored. It was exasperating. He'd been thinking about it the entire day and could not get that greeting out of his mind. Just what was she thinking? What was she planning?

Taehyung rolled his eyes, "Fine, then. How did she look? Did she seem weird? Awkward? Was she watching you for a reaction?"

Jungkook slowly shook his head, "It wasn't awkward. It was really casual as I said. And she was not watching me for a reaction either."

"Hmmmm," Taehyung hummed thoughtfully. "I don't know. This is Ahn Heiran we're talking about. She's clever. She might still be acting to get under your skin, exactly like this."

Jungkook frowned worriedly, "I guess... But she looked better. She looked like she was doing well. Like she was happy... She even dyed her hair—"

"SHE DYED HER HAIR?!" Taehyung almost flung his keyboard in the air. "Why didn't you tell me that earlier?"

Jungkook grew wary, "I didn't think it was that important. Why? What does that mean?"

"Of course, it's important! Girls dye their hair when they want to start a new phase of their lives."

Taehyung's sudden reaction was making him grow troubled. "A new phase of her life?"

"That means you're done, mate. You're done. She's moved the heck on and is living her life." Taehyung explained sarcastically. Jungkook dropped his head on the table, shaking.

"No. No. That can't be..."

"Why? Isn't this what you wanted?" Taehyung taunted, his attention back to his desktop.

Jungkook raised his head to look helplessly into the camera, "I don't know anymore!"

"Of course, you don't." His best friend murmured under his breath. "So. You want her back. Is that it?"