26 pt. 1

When Heiran punched in the passcode and entered her apartment, she was met with an interesting scene that made her stop at the door and watch. Yoongi and Minseo stood at attention, their hands tied to their backs as they watched the older woman prowling around them in an electric blue tracksuit. The woman was a striking replica of Ahn Heiran, the only difference being the few extra lines on her forehead and her graying salt-and-pepper hair. There was something motherly about her aura, although at the moment it was overpowered by her intimidating poise.

She pursed her lips in a tight line and set her scrutinizing stare on Minseo. Despite her brave facade, Heiran spied the Minseo's hands shaking. Her red lipstick was smudged and her dress was a bit ruffled, though it showed signs of being quickly smoothed down. Heiran guessed Mrs. Ahn must have caught them in a compromising position. All of a sudden, she regretted not being there to see it. She would've given up anything to watch Yoongi getting caught with a girl by her mother. Ahn Yongseo adjusted her glasses as she directed her question at Minseo. "Why are you dating my boy?"

Minseo gulped and glanced at Yoongi who pointedly stared at Mrs. Ahn. Seeing that he was not offering any kind of mental support, she braved the question with a disappointed sigh. "Because he's cute?" Heiran slapped a hand to her mouth to muffle a laugh. Minseo looked as if she herself couldn't believe she had said that.

Mrs. Ahn nodded, "I agree. But is that all?"

Heiran wanted to take a picture of Yoongi's tomato red cheeks but found her phone missing. She must've left it back in Jungkook's apartment. Cursing her forgetfulness, she resumed watching her mother's interrogation. This scene was just too good to miss.

"We share similar interests." She added helpfully.

"Similar interests. Hmm, such as?"

"We both love coffee, we both hate people, and we both dream of world-domination!" Minseo blurted out in a single breath. Yoongi's embarrassment only intensified. Heiran almost snorted out loud.

Mrs. Ahn looked alarmed for a brief second. She slowly blinked before she turned her attention to Yoongi. "So you've found your match."

"W-well...t-think so." He sputtered. Heiran was truly regretting the absence of her phone as Mrs. Ahn heaved out a long breath and announced, "I'm happy for you."

Yoongi pursed his lips awkwardly muttering out a quiet thanks. Mrs. Ahn looked at Minseo who still seemed as terrified as ever and offered a kind smile. "You can relax. I was just testing you."

Minseo's face grew considerably relieved, "Does that mean I passed?"

"For now." She replied coolly. Heiran held back a snicker as she saw Minseo's expression fall. Maybe Heiran shouldn't have been too relaxed. Not a second later, Ahn Yongseo's voice rose up directly addressing Heiran.

"Why don't you step inside the door, young lady."

Heiran jumped, startled. That tone did not sound good. It implied danger. It implied a bucket-load of trouble. She cursed under her breath as Mrs. Ahn slowly turned to face her with her menacing dark eyes, the same shade as Heiran's.

"Ah, M-Mommy! How are you? What brings you into my humble abode?" Heiran called out, extra-cheerfully, but she did not dare take a step inside her apartment. There might not be any visible weapons in Mrs. Ahn's hands now but that can change at any moment.

"You really don't know why I'm here, Ahn Heiran?"

All the alarm bells began ringing in her head as her full government name spilled from her mother's lips. "Sh*t," she cursed under her breath again. She immediately went into defense, holding her hands in front of her.