I N T E R L U D E

For 18-year-old Jeon Jungkook, it had only been two days since the infamous Debate Club incident occurred. Ever since his proclamation that he had fallen for the notorious popular girl of FSoPA High, Taehyung made it his purpose in life to remind Jungkook why it was such a horrible idea every second he got. To make things even more annoying, he dragged Seokjin into it as well. If anything Seokjin was the most stubborn friend he'd ever had. He took one look at Ahn Heiran and declared that she was not approved.

Jungkook sighed. Those morons would never understand his plight. It was love at first sight. He couldn't just make it vanish in an instant like they wanted. He didn't want to either.

Seokjin and Taehyung were conspiring something to make him see "reason." He could see them already cooking up their plans to deter him as they walked together before him, whispering something into each other's ears. Jungkook rolled his eyes. They could try all they want, but his mind was already made up the moment he laid his eyes on her. 

Seokjin and Taehyung were already several feet ahead, too engrossed in their planning. Jungkook was about to try and catch up to them when he felt a chill settle on his bones as someone's icy stare drilled into the side of his head. Feeling a strange premonition, he looked to the side only to find the very person who had been occupying the majority of his thoughts for the past two days in the flesh, shooting daggers at him. And oh, what a sight it was.

Something about her eyes never ceased to amaze him. Maybe it was the dark haze of her irises or its richest shade of coffee brown, being in her sights was like standing under a cool shower. When he caught her looking, her lips turned into a sneer. Jungkook couldn't help the smirk that bloomed on his face. Good to know that she still hadn't forgotten him. Ahn Heiran rolled her eyes as she passed by. 

That was the last thing he saw before his feet got caught on some unknown obstacle and he went crashing to the floor. 

Thankfully, Jungkook caught himself before he slammed his face on the hard concrete ground. He could only imagine the damage it would have created if he hadn't caught himself in time. A witchy cackle broke out from above, Ahn Heiran's voice ringing loud and clear in the hallway. Many voices in the school hall soon joined in on the laughter, adding to his humiliation. Lifting himself off the floor, he turned his head around just in time to catch a foot that was sticking out, slipping back into place. The owner of the foot, Nora or something, discreetly fist-bumped Heiran. The pair beamed down at him wickedly. Jungkook's jaw hung open in shock as it settled in that he had been tripped intentionally.

Nora placed her hand on her lips, her eyes wide. "Whoops, I didn't see you there! Sorry!"

Jungkook was unprepared for this. This was a direct attack committed in broad daylight with no scruples whatsoever. Before he could even begin to process the sheer audacity required to do such a thing, Ahn Heiran swung her head to the side with an evil glint in her eyes. "Watch out, loser. You don't wanna trip and fall now." 

She turned to leave, throwing her hair over her shoulder.  "I'd hate to see your pretty face broken."

Jungkook sat nursing the elbow in absolute bafflement as he watched her figure retreat. If that had been a declaration of war, he received the message as clear as a day. 

So the fight was on. 

A slow grin stretched across his lips. He was only too glad to fight this war if it was with her. As the students in the hallway slowly dispersed, Taehyung walked back to him, offering his hand with an expression that screamed 'I-told-you-so'.