CHAPTER 58

"So I was in a coma for a month?" Ella asked disbelievingly.

"That kind of tends to happen when you have a brain hemorrhage and a hair line fracture on your skull," Lucian pointed out.

He made a good point.

"But what happened after the whole incident? Where's Millie?" she asked.

She had only woken up ten minutes ago, alert as ever, to see the KALE, well, now the ALE playing cards besides her. They had all shrieked and screamed, until Ella had screamed back at them to stop being so loud.

"Executed," Eric said shortly.

"Executed?" she asked.

"Treason. She confessed to having stabbed Father, as well as you under the influence of the truth serum," Adelaide explained.

"Added to the charges of kidnapping the twins," Lucian said, pointing to his younger cousins.

"The guards who helped her were also executed," Eric said, before peering at her and saying, "You seem surprised".

"I am," she said. "I expected something like life imprisonment or something".

"It had to be a punishment that would warn the Illuminati to never strike again," Eric said.

"Oh, did you know? Millie's mother, Celia was also part of the Illuminati, apparently. Before she died giving birth to a stillborn, the original plan was that they switch you with her," Adelaide said.

"And then blackmail and cause turmoil in the family later on," Eric added.

"Wow," Ella said.

"Also - did you know that Beth and Estelle were once your mum's maids? During her Selection?" Adelaide asked.

"No. Way!" Ella said, forgetting the whole Millie matter.

"Yeah. Same reaction here too," Adelaide said. "I was shocked".

Ella turned to her twin and asked, "When did Dad get here?".

"Almost as soon as treatment in France began, Father began to get better. He came back last week - he can walk and talk and remember everything, though he needs to take some physiotherapy exercises for a while now," Eric said.

"So he's fine?" she asked.

"Yes, he's fine," a new voice said, from the door.

Ella smiled at her mother, who walked to her along with Elena, Vienna, Laura, Elizabeth and Stella.

"Hi mum," she said, as her mother sat next to her, and hugged her gently.

Ella's right hand seemed to have already healed - she just felt a tad bit sore, but apart from that, she seemed fine.

"Boys. Kids. Adelaide. Scram," Elena said, waving her hand dismissively.

"But-".

"Out," she said, and all of them scampered out of the room.

The Queens plopped on her bed around her.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Okay. First of all. I need the deets. I need the money," Vienna said.

"What?" Ella asked, confused.

"You don't need the money, Vienna," Stella pointed out. "You're a Queen".

"Yes. Right," Vienna said, the small tiara on her hair lopsided.

"I don't understand," Ella said.

"The one you kissed. You know? Your Prince Charming?" Laura said, in her strong Australian accent.