12: 𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗺

𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗵

three weeks 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿:

DIOR Sauvage filled my nostrils with Ka'Dafii so close. His head is on my lap, and our attention on the television. We were comfortable at my townhouse, settled on the couch. I was trying my hardest to put him onto a Tubi original series, The Dirty D.

"That bitch Tiffany foul as fuck, mama." He mumbled rolling up an empty popcorn bag that we previously shared.

Laying on his back, I was playing along the edge line of KD's hair. His long locks were in my reach as I watched the show absentmindedly with him. I had watched season one a number of times already. Each scene was predictable at this point, but with him so close to my reach — I didn't mind.

"Ka'Dafii you smoking crack if you think that girl wrong. That nigga cheats on her all the time. He told the side bitch to work at their anniversary party. Tiffany told him she didn't trust her, and they don't get along. Then, he went and flirted with the girl while she was working at the damn party." I said defensively. He was not about to play with my girl Tiffany.

Sitting up, I watched as he took a sip of his drink before scooping up the freshly rolled blunt. Sparking up, Ka'Dafii took his original position, and I got comfortable underneath him again. My hands rubbed along his shoulder blades and chest.

"I'll smoke crack," He voiced, before turning his head to laugh at my facial expression. "Say whatever you wanna say, Barbie. She fucking his parnta' in they house, in they damn bed and shit. And they been fucking! This ain't no god damn slip up."

"Oh, you feel some typa way, huh?" I asked laughing at his tone. "Does it make it any different from when Brick does it?"

"He ain't fucking her friend, Mariah. That's hella different."

KD passed the blunt and happily, I took it. His hands grabbed ahold of my ankle, bringing my foot to his lap to rub up and down my calf.

"They own the club together. Kyra is Tiffany's employee. Which makes it worst. You gotta know how a hating bitch works to know why it's worst than her cheating with his friend. Plus, it's bad enough that he is a habitual cheater."

Laughing, he took the blunt, following our rotation. "Talk all that shit, you want. Cheat on me with one of my boys and see if I give a damn 'bout any of that."

Rolling my eyes, I mushed his shoulder playfully. "Please hush. Ion even think about cheating on you."

"I know. You like me too much for that. I get it though. I feel the same way 'bout you. I can't hurt you like that, mama." The tone of his voice caught me for a second. Maybe because he wasn't being arrogant with his words. He wasn't being funny either. The statement came out genuine and soft spoken.

"I do like you. A lot."

"Mm," His fingers played with the goatee of his beard. His eyes stared at the ceiling. I watched Ka'Dafii momentarily — feeling my high elevated from the pungent weed. My head slightly spinning as the Jet Fuel strain flushed my system. While he seemed lost in thought.

"So if I like you and you like me...? What's our problem, Barbie?"

"We don't have a problem, Zay."