22: 𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗿𝘆...𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀?*

𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗵

christmas 𝗱𝗮𝘆:

"Uh-uh, Sunshine. Don't come in my kitchen, sit right there."

The puppy Corso whined to my soft demand, however, he did as he was told. Lying down at the crease of my hardwood floors. Only inches from my kitchen and food. I knew then that we'd have to go shopping for those gates, as soon as the stores opened back up. Sunshine's blue eyes followed me around as I wandered the kitchen for my latest craving.

My to-do list for this holiday menu was pretty simple. Sweets and some Cajun steamed seafood for the two of us.

Most of my morning was baking and making cheesecakes. From the three-tier strawberry cheesecake to a rainbow cake with cream cheese icing. There were brownies, homemade pecan pies, and sugar cookies on the list too.

While the desserts may seem like a happy ending to the menu — it was no walk in the park. For the longest time, I ran from baking because of the precise timing and ingredients. Now? It's second nature in the kitchen.

Every Christmas seafood will be served in my household. It has always been that way for four years now. After graduating high school and spending the holiday without my immediate family.

About forty minutes and the food was done. From the potatoes, corn, shrimp, and crawfish to the oven-baked crab legs. The two of us had a tasty feast today.

It was after seven now and I was on my second slice of the strawberry cheesecake. So proud of my decorations, I sent a picture to Lynn and Mimi, but only one of them responded.

Milan texted me this morning with a ton of emojis. Her happiness poured out through the phone. However, I hadn't heard from her since we spoke around six AM. I thought maybe the cake would get her, but even then — she was MIA.

The thought crossed my mind to double text, but I let it go. I figured it was just my overthinking ways.

"Alright c'mon, Sunny." It took a second, but the moment I moved out of his eyesight, the Corso was catching up — right behind me in no time.

He should be full by now too.

The oddest reason that I adored Cane Corsos was because of their raw meat diet. Their diets and choice of food could become expensive to manage. Especially with the average family but, his daddy got it. The stores were closed by the time we got home from getting beds and supplies for Sunny's area on the common floor. Still, KD managed to grab some raw chicken, frozen peas, and some eggs from his penthouse for the puppy's meal.

Flopping down I took a bite of the cake, before pressing play on the remote to resume the reruns of Girlfriend's.

The twenty five minute episode was almost to an end when Ka'Dafii came from the third floor. The both of us had gone upstairs together, needing to shower after eating.

Now he was back — dressed in nothing but a pair of sweatpants. I would say boxers, but I don't see the traditional waistband of any of his PSD, Hanes, or Ethika briefs. Freak ass.

His attention was on the iPhone, as he held onto it and a rolled blunt. Naturally, it was his feet that led the way as he typed. Most likely sending emails and confirming details. Between racing, changes within the shop, and developments with the quarter shows — I didn't know if the man was coming or going sometimes.

"Working?" I asked, sitting up to put the empty plate on the glass coffee table. Sunshine is right there ready to leap at my every move. Smirking, I patted my thigh and he laid back down, thankful he took heed to my simple demands, quickly.