29: 𝗺𝘂𝘃𝗮

𝗞𝗗

𝗼𝗻𝗲 year 𝗮𝗴𝗼, 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸:

Through the windows of Dreamville, I could see Jessy and her friend laughing and talking. Never was it planned for the tattoo shop to offer such services, but Jes had an ample amount of clientele. Plus her work spoke for itself. So? Why not. Right now, I definitely wasn't complaining. My little cousin has brought in some questionable customers, but her current appointment is the only one I'll watch get pampered for hours at a time.

I didn't know how long I had been sitting here. Someone was supposed to be meeting me, and they were in the passenger seat. Yet, I was in heaven. Slanted in the old school, parked parallel to the curb. In between my fingers was a fresh spliff with a cup of 1942 in my reach.

Jessy had taken two or three breaks in the midst of achieving Penny's design. The two of them stood, carrying on with their conversations, and even ordered food in the middle of the two-hour appointment. At times I wished to be a fly on the wall because I felt too shy to walk in my own shop right now.

In the meantime, I decided on Instagram.

New direct messages alerted my screen. Most of them were requests regarding tattoo services, some just random business questions, and of course the typical flirtatious ones that go ignored for the most part. Zara was in the mix and I opened her latest message, responded, and exited the thread.

It's been a minute since I let that wall down for companionship, but staring into the windows of Dreamville — I realized that wouldn't be much longer.

It's been about nine months since I followed the infamous Penny Fleming. Jessy was the first to introduce me and she didn't even know. One night they hung out and after Jes posted a few videos — I hit the follow button.

From her head to her toes, I knew Penny was something special. God took his time with her, but I kept my distance. I had some other shit going on right now and she was too precious to pull into my unnecessary drama.

Instead, I hit the follow button to increase her seventy thousand follower count. Which humbled me immediately — she knew of her beauty. Niggas was surely in her DMs, so I needed to stick out.

"I got the results."

Nodding, I snapped out of the trance. The duo inside Dreamville were finishing up the latest project and I was excited to see what the two friends came up with.

"What it say?" I asked Sabrina. Looking to the passenger seat at my latest headache.

She took a moment too long for my likening and I shook my head, smirking in disbelief. "Sabrina."

"I'm reading..wait, dang."

"It ain't that hard to read the results. Either I'm ya' baby's dad or I'm not." I told her, holding out my hand for her iPhone.

Sabrina was a simple fling from a year or so ago, but somehow the past caught up to me in the worst time. On top of some legal challenges, I received a text from her a few weeks ago, asking if we could talk. It was during that conversation she informed me that there was a possibility that I was the father of her three-month-old daughter. There were two options, including myself, but I never judged. Besides that, I know I was strapped every time. So the chances were slim to none.

In conclusion, the results indicated by the genetic systems listed, that Ka'Dafaii Z. Keiz will be excluded as the biological father of Zora Hampton.