18: 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘂 𝗯𝗮𝗱 *

𝗞𝗗

Standing behind the front counter at Dreamville, I scrolled on my phone, but not out of leisure. Instead, using the time to read over three separate contracts billed to Dreamville Incorporated.

First up was one with The Coca-Cola Company which was an advertising and product placement deal. So far, the ten-page contract was only urging the usage and selling of Coca-Cola products including the Powerade energy drink and their water brands Dasani and SmartWater.

The deal was to sell a profit of at least eighty-five percent. In the end, the backing would award Dreamville with an annual pay of two million dollars — as long as we kept the project quarterly.

The second sponsorship was also advertising placements which would include banners and ninety second commercial videos from our Allstate and State Farm local agencies. Their agreement would require an outdoor LED screen.

A task that I was putting off for Kai to complete. My plate was already running over.

After concluding the boilerplate of the contract, I was satisfied with the results in front of me. The most important context was ownership and split profits. We weren't sharing ownership or giving it up. Thankfully, all three companies understood that.

Combined, the companies were negotiating only at twenty-five percent. Coca-Cola is the biggest hitter with a fifteen percent ratio. However, I wasn't complaining. With Coca-Cola's two million and the insurance company's seven hundred thousand dollar revenue — Penelope made Dreamville Quarters a million-dollar event in only two months.

Talk about being an Angel.

Fuck, I gotta get her to stay in Atlanta.

Shaking my head, I pushed the thought away because every time it came up, I felt selfish. My plans for us are the only thing at the center of my mind. Which wasn't fair to her because Penny came to the city with goals and never was love in that mix.

My surprises, the trips planned, the gifts brought, nor the lifestyle was important. Because none of it was envisioned in her original agenda.

Besides, none of that matters if time goes by and she's regretful of ever missing the opportunity. Or if she isn't happy altogether. 

Reading the final agreement clause of the State Farm and Allstate deals, the doors of the shop opened. Showtime.

Her entrance came with hushed conversation and bangles echoing with her every step.

"Hey, y'all. Sorry I'm late," I believe Marci and Mike may have spoken back to Lelia's greeting. But I was sure neither was as energetic as hers.

My duty today was not only running the shop as CEO but welcoming customers for their appointments. My new receptionist, Shari, wasn't on duty until tomorrow. Ideally, we would bring her in on our slowest walk-in day, so she'll learn the ropes as guests came in. Making Sunday the best day of the week. It was busy, but not too busy where she would feel overwhelmed.

Plus Jessy volunteered to be my trainer in between her appointments tomorrow. One that included Penelope's fill and pedicure at 3:30.

"Why you in my spot?" Lelia asked and I read the time in the top left corner of my phone.

"Somebody had to do it until you decided to show up."

"I said sorry when I walked in. I was having car trouble. How about you ask about my day? Or about how I handled my tardiness, before throwing me under the bus?" Lelia suggested, tossing her hair purposefully as she came to stand at the counter next to me. Backing up some, I saved the DocuSign agreement and locked the screen of my phone before dropping it in the pocket of my Dreamville hoodie. Making sure to give some much needed space.