32: 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘆 𝗽𝗲𝗲𝘇𝘆, 𝗹𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗲𝘇𝘆

𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗵

Between running around Cumberland Mall in July's heat or running around the mall with a mini fashionista — there was no telling which was causing me to crave a bed more than the other. Nonetheless, I was tired, hot, and ready to be done with Mimi's school shopping. Unfortunately, it was only the beginning with APS opening their doors in ten days.

I waved to Mimi, our way of acknowledging that we saw one another before she waltzed away inside Forever 21. This was our fourth stop at the mall and we had been here for almost two hours now.

The main reason I agreed to come shopping was for some hot and fresh pretzels from Auntie Anne's. The popular pretzel shop was our first stop and I knew the second those nuggets hit my taste buds, it'll be my last stop on the way out also.

"Ya' know, Mimi said some funny ass shit this morning."c KD said, reaching for two pieces of my sea salt and cinnamon sugar bites.

"What's that, Dafii?"

"That I....manifested you." His tone was low as if he was afraid of mispronouncing the word, but also like he was trying to figure out if my little sister's analogy was correct.

It was no secret that Milan was smart beyond her years. She turned fourteen in March and was blessed with not only quick reflexes in her studies but also some street smarts. The teenage girl could read a chapter back and forth, and then remember every detail for a test the next morning. Not to mention she's already proven to be intelligent enough to handle tough situations.

I think that same intelligence may be the reason both of her biological parents wiped their hands clean though.

She picks up on things and this is no different. Besides, even without Milan's statement, the idea wasn't far-fetched. By the definition of the law of attraction, KD had done exactly that. However, it's argued by Jessy that she's the reason for the connection.

"Manifested...I could see you wishing on a star for me, bookie."

"Putting ya' picture on my mirror, type shit?" He asked playfully using the famous Fantasia lyrics.

"Aye. You said it. Not me."

Stepping inside the clothing store, I heard Ka'Dafii laugh, following behind me closely.

Immediately, I scanned the storefront. Finding that Milan wasn't too far. Her attention was stuck on the rack of chino pants in different shades. There were already two pairs draped over her arm. Soon, I found collar button-down shirts, which she would need with the school's four-day uniform policy.

"I wasn't wishing for shit. I seen you, I got you. End of story."

"Mm, kinda cocky much. Especially if I remember correctly." Zay huffed with a grin on his face, not believing a word I said.

"What you forgot about how I had you squirting the first morning at-"

"Have some damn decorum, Zay. We are in public." In a rush, I covered his mouth from revisiting the nasty memory. Yes, I remember. Hell, I can't forget. That doesn't mean he needs to give a refresher inside of the Forever 21 department store.

"Oh. I was wondering how you could forget how easy it was for me-"

"Say some else," This time he only laughed it off, with his hands in a surrendering motion. "And easy? So I'm easy now, Zay? Wow. It's crazy how the truth always comes out at the end."

"We both know that ain't what I mean. It took me a year to get next to you. Ain't shit 'bout that easy."

Licking my lips, I occupied myself with the shirts. Heard his words, but not trying to partake in the staring game he was playing after the double entendre.