16: 𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂...part two

𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗵

same 𝗱𝗮𝘆:

Jessy was exiting my car and not a second later my mama was emerging from the front door of my townhouse. Excited, dressed, and ready for her adventure of whatever sort. Taking a glance at the driver's seat, J asked quickly if I was okay, and at the moment? I think it was okay that I didn't know.

Relief cascaded over me but so did my unspoken desire to the silent thoughts.

"Call me." Jessy murmured, getting the last of her request out before Lynn's voice interrupted the moment. I hope gratitude was expressed through my body language. She had truly been more than a great best friend today.

"Whew, chy. I had the best sleep of my life, do y'all hear me?"

Jessy laughed before greeting Lynn with a proper hug. The two of them had warmed up to each other gracefully since Lynn's extended visit. Most likely, Jessy acknowledged the toxic traits in my mother but appreciated her for being here regardless.

The two of them switched positions. Allowing Jessy to unlock her Lexus before slipping into the driver's seat.

"Look at you being so cute! Your sister just got off the phone. I told her, you'll call whenever you had the chance. School is back in and she's working on some kind of science project." Lynn revealed while buckling her seatbelt. A bright smile was growing, as she got settled. My mother truly looked refreshed — the sight of her made me grin.

"You look pretty, too. I love your dress."

Lynn had a rough past, but the woman knew she was beautiful. The innocence that lurked in her face was a manipulative tactic that got her away with some trouble. Not looking like the typical drug dealer, especially those that deal with such heavy substances. Was she still operating in her old ways? I wasn't sure. The money was there, but I hoped she had grown. By now she jokes when I speak of living in my 'soft girl' era. But from her attire, she must be adapting to what I speak of.

Lynn had picked out a long sleeve silk dress for today's attire. It was buttoned down and stopped at her thighs, but paired with a pair of thigh-high boots to mask the chilly weather. Looking like money.

"Well, I wanted something nice to wear, since I'll be out on the town."

"And what you got planned so special for today? You really need a car, Miss. Lady?" My mama laughed at my questions and I could sense the sneakiness.

"Some pampering. Maybe some shopping, but I know I need to get a pedicure and maybe some lashes. I guess, I'll just go a nail shop since you holding back on your lil' tech girl."

This afternoon as I was leaving Dr. Turner's office, Lynn texted about picking up a rental car by three o'clock. Which was no problem. With classes resuming and my college semester coming to an end — there was a new workload to conquer.

Five classes, with five finals, and two of those were reports. Five thousand word essays. This means, my next few days would be my face stuffed in a book and an interview with Paramount's leaders on Friday.

Not to mention, I was wrapping up my internship and there was a six thousand dollar bonus to the top three articles as a grant award from iHeart Radio.

So, Lynn should have some sort of separate transpiration for the next two weeks.

"I told you, I'll do them. I'm not gatekeeping anything. I did this set myself because my lash girl was booked. And hunny," I fluttered my eyes to flaunt the single lash lengths between ten and seventeen millimeters long. "I did a good ass job. So don't play."