13: 𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗹𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝗞𝗗

Dreamville Track was the newest racing location for our private Friday Night Lights events. Usually, we use the roads of Frog Hollow, but it was becoming a pattern. Something I wasn't a fan of.

So, after some mild construction during the past few weeks — the official change was completed. It was better this way because now I could truly monetize off of the event. And it doesn't have to be as private.

Penelope stepped onto the track with me. Her eyes roaming the new space.

"So this is what you've been working on these last two weeks, huh?"

"A lil' bit." I replied, shrugging. Between the new drag strip plus the shop — I had my plate full. Kai had sent me ideas for the upcoming quarter dates, but nothing was final. Which meant we had meetings lined up for the next quarter plus second interviews for the shop's new talent.

Thankfully, this was out of the way now.

"You okay?" Came from Penny as she inched closer. Her tender touch drew me out of my thoughts.

She was beautiful right now. Dressed in a long sleeve Supreme shirt. It was stripped with teal and white paired with a pair of khaki cargo pants. Her tan platform All-Stars tied the fit together. Watching her move around the walk-in closet this morning, made me smile. It was second nature with her to hand-picked items.

Barbie.

Close enough, I pulled Penelope closer by her belt loops. Silently, asking for a kiss. One that she gave to me without any hesitation.

Was I okay? Yeah, but there was a nervous sentiment sprawling through me. Only yesterday I had an epiphany. An ultimatum for us. However, I had to play my cards right and the track seemed like the best way to do so. Recently, the custom design had been completed on the thirteen hundred feet strip and I wanted her to see it. Plus? It would give a purpose for my surprise.

I had even gone to the lengths of involving my momma.

"Should I take that as a yes?" She mumbled once I finally pulled away.

Penny rubbed over my clothed chest. While the teal of her shirt complimented her skin so well — I was dressed in my usual all-black. This time with a True Religion hoodie, my signature cargo pants, and a pair of 990 New Balance sneakers.

"Yeah," Smirking, I nodded to her. "You wanna go round the track with me?" I asked then and she quickly pulled away with a head shake.

"No."

"Why not? I'm leaving the Tahoe here for a while to take the BMW back to the penthouse. So, you gon' ride in it anyways."

Penelope seemed to consider the thought before looking down the dragstrip. A few emotions crossed her face, but ultimately she shrugged and instantly I felt relief.

One step closer.

"How fast are you gon' be driving, Ka'Dafii?"

"Damn, what happened to Zay?" I asked playfully, mimicking her tone when I said her real name. Penny tilted her head, giving me one of those looks. "Alright...ion know," Which was the truth because I didn't. Even if the smile on my face seemed to contradict my words. "The car can go from zero to sixty in less than four seconds, mama. But I ain't gon' do nun' crazy."

"This is why you should never meet a man while he's racing," Laughing at her words, I watched as Penelope gave in. "Okay...fine." And with that, she allowed me to place my hand on her lower back. Steering us in the direction of the car of choice.