Gawin

I went to the bathroom again to check and tightened the compression bandage around my ankle. I had twisted my ankle during practice yesterday and it was hurting but we had some important scenes to film and I didnt want to delay filming.

Filming ended around 5pm. Krist knew I was hurting and offered to send me home but I declined it. I had some errands to run so I chased him away. I walked out to the main road to hail an uber. I had to get groceries and my favorite mart was about a few blocks away from my condo. I got to the mart and was slowly making my way down the aisle when I spotted Ben and Man outside. Ben was laughing and holding onto Man as they chatted away.

Oh, it seemed like they were on a date. Looks like fan service was real after all. They seemed like a cute couple and a smile flitted over my face watching them. I made sure to keep out of sight as I did my shopping so they will not feel awkward if they saw me. Once I was done, I was waiting for an uber when Ben spotted me.

"Phi!" He yelled. I turned and saw him standing in front of the pastry shop. I waved to him and he ran over.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to get some groceries. You?"

"I am here with Man. We came to eat my favourite pastries and I got some for my grandma too. He went to get his car. So I am waiting here for him."

Just then, Man drove up. He rolled down his window and peeked out at us. I smiled gingerly at him and waiied.

"Hey. What are you doing here?"

Ben filled me in and he nodded.

"Going home? It's on the way. Let me send you back too."

I wanted to decline but Ben refused to let me say no and hustled me into the back seat. I cancelled my uber via the app and settled into the seat as Ben got into the passenger seat. We dropped him off at his grandma's and then Man asked me to sit in front. I nodded, leaving my groceries at the back and climbed into the passenger seat.

"Thank you for that so I do not feel like an uber driver."

I laughed against my better judgement. He smiled at me and we fell into silence again as he drove.

"How's your leg now? Is it the ankle?" Man probed mid way through the ride. I nodded and filled him in briefly on how I had twisted it. He cast a look towards it but didn't say anything else.

When we got to my condo, Man parked the car and got out. I looked at him in surprise.

"Let me help you with the groceries. Don't strain that ankle further."

I really wanted to decline but I doubted he would take no for an answer so I nodded. He took it and we made our way to my unit. We got into my lift and my elderly neighbour next door boarded it too.

"Gawinnnnnnnnn. Back home from work?"

"Yes Yaa. How are you today?"

"I am good na. I cooked some pork belly with rice. Come and eat later ok?"

I nodded. I introduced Man to her and she looked at him. From top to toe before exclaiming "You are tall, my boy. What do you eat?"

I opened my eyes in disbelief as Man started laughing.

"Thank you na Yaa. My parents are tall so I guess it's just good genes."

She smiled sweetly at him.

"Are you Gawin's friend? I do not usually see his friends here."

"I.."

"He's my colleague Yaa. He came to help me with my groceries."

"Your ankle is hurting still? I told you to go see a doctor, na? You don't want to listen to me. See, now you are hurting!"

I laughed fondly at her. I just hugged her briefly as the lift stopped at our floor.

"I will be ok Yaa. I will come see you later ok?

She patted my cheeks and smiled. She looked over at Man.

"If you are staying too, come over and eat boy. Anybody who knows Gawin is like a grandson to me too."

I face palmed at her friendliness and then I was even more stunned when I heard Man reply.

"I will be happy to come over if its ok with Gawin too."

My neighbour just told him to come over and to ignore me if I said anything. He chuckled as I glared at him and Grandma just pinched my ears, asking me to make sure I turned up with him.

I groaned as I nodded and she walked back towards her unit. I turned to look at Man who just chuckled at me.

"She seems like a nice old lady."

"She is Phi. She treats me like family. And its nice to be around her. And you heard her, you have to come for dinner now."

"I was kidding."

"But she isn't. If I don't turn up with you, she will nag me to death so please come, okays?"

Man looked at me and smiled. He nodded and I invited him into my place. He helped me keep my groceries away as I took a quick shower. I changed and then we made our way to my neighbour's house. She lived alone ever since her husband passed away and I often went over to spend time with her.

She was thrilled to see me and I had to admit, Man was such lovely company too. He was very respectful, polite and he knew exactly how to make her laugh too.

I just watched their interactions quietly as I had my dinner. It was my favourite meal and when I had my favorite food, I was often quiet, just happily munching away. Grandma was used to my antics but 2nd hand embarrassment flitted over my face when I looked up to see Man studying me away intently.

"What?"

"You eat like a squirrel, don't you?"

I was gobsmacked as Grandma started laughing out loud!