Gawin

I opened up, finding the bed empty. I sat up, ruffling my hair absent mindedly. Just then the door opened and there stood Man, shirtless, freshly showered and holding a tray of breakfast.

"What's this Phi?"

"Well, figured you deserve breakfast in bed so I made it with a side of me."

I laughed against my better judgement. I beckoned him over and he came and set up the little arrangement for me. Man fed me the breakfast and checked in on how I was doing.

I nodded my head, mentioning I was feeling good and thankful for him. He smiled and ruffled my hair. When we were done, Man told me to get a shower, change and come out. I agreed.

I came out 30 minutes later, to the most shocking sight ever. Man was standing in a corner and my parents were seated in the hall. I glared at them and turned to look at Man who looked away awkwardly.

"What's this about, why are they here?"

I looked at Man, demanding a reply. He looked at me and was about to walk over to pacify me I guess when my dad stood up.

"I'm the one who insisted on this. I had reached out to Man myself by coming here around 5am in the morning. Your mom needs to apologise and she is going to do it. I know you don't want to hear it but it is something she owes you and we will stay out of your way till you want to include us in your life again when you are ready. Ning, what do you have to say?"

My dad looked at my mom who just glared back defiantly and he shouted at her once! My dad was just as frustrating as my mother at times but he knew when to draw the line and pull her back in. My mom looked at me and apologised hesitantly. I nodded.

My dad looked at me, came over and patted my shoulders.

"I'm sorry son for all we put you through. I cannot say I will always 100% support you in your decisions but I will learn to respect them and make sure she does too. Take care, ok? And of that man too. He seems like a good one.", nodding over at Man who just bowed and blushed.

I nodded, a small smile breaking out over my face. My parents left but not before my dad gave me and Man a small hug each. I ran back up to my dad, stopping him at the door.

"Come by for dinner on Sat, if you can. And if she wants to come too, you can bring her."

I uttered softly, looking at my dad. Things will not instantly be all perfect, roses and dandy but it was worth taking a shot for. My dad ruffled my hair before leaving. My mom had long walked off. Well, like I said, I don't expect miracles immediately.

I turned to look at Man who just opened his arms to me.

"That went easier than I thought. Are you angry at me?"

"Initially, yes but not now anymore. Even if you had called my dad, I know you mean well and I am sure you would be here for me no matter what. Right Phi?"

"Definitely. You know that. I love you Gawin. Can't do without you."

"And I love you too Phi. You are just my type."

Man laughed as he grabbed me in a kiss and held onto me tightly.

As for me, I just held on, just glad I met him when I did or I would have gone through life figuring out my type endlessly.

With that, this fanfic on ManxGawin comes to an end! I hope everyone enjoyed this and I really loved penning this story too!

Till another #lovewinsall, till another story!