Gawin

I showered and changed and came out to see Man pottering in my kitchen. He had used the guest bathroom to shower and changed into a pair of my shorts and t shirt.

He was making pancakes when I shuffled into the kitchen. He saw me and waved me over.

I went over to him and he held onto me. He circled his arm around my waist and held onto me as he flipped the pancakes using the other hand effortlessly. Man kissed the side of my head softly and told me to go sit whilst he plated the food.

I nodded and went to sit at the dining table. Breakfast was quiet and sombre. Once we had finished breakfast, I sat in the balcony chilling whilst he cleaned up. He came back to find me standing at the balcony.

"Gawin.."

I turned to look at him.

"Yes Phi?"

"Come in na. Let's talk."

I sighed softly as I made my way in and we sat on the couch.

"Let's talk about it?"

I looked at him. I sighed before I shared about my family with him. I was the 2nd out of 2 siblings. I had an older sister. My parents were very successful businessmen who wanted their children to follow in their footsteps. My sister had broken the mould by being a freelance photographer. They absolutely hated that. When they realized she wasn't going to listen, they started focusing all of their attention on me.

I had shared with them multiple times on how I would finish my degree because it is important and a good back up but to let me give acting a shot for at least 5 years. I was doing relatively well but they have been against it from day 1.

But reaching out to my manager, going behind my back just to stall my career - that was the killer move. I didn't want to do what my sister did, which was to cut off my parents but I was this close.

I clenched my hands angrily as the more I spoke about it, the more riled up I was getting. Man sensed my anger and frustration and held onto my hands to try and calm me down.

He had wanted to say something when the bell rang. I looked at him. The last time the bell rang, I had almost cut my mom off. Man told me to sit whilst he went to answer my door, coming back with my manager.

He looked at us and told me to talk with her whilst he went back to his house for a bit. I nodded, he waiied to her and left.

"Are you ok?" My manager uttered asking me.

"I will be ok Phi. Im so sorry about yesterday."

"Don't be. I was stunned when she called demanding that but heck I wasn't going to listen to her. Especially when it didn't come from you."

I smiled wanely at her. She patted my knees comfortingly.

"I didn't realize you and Man were neighbors."

My face flushed.

"We aren't. He stays at the Equarius, just down the road."

"Oh but..I saw him here.."

I fell silent. How do I answer her? It's not like we were together in a relationship but if I told her how we have been spending time, it does sound like we are a couple. I wasn't sure if she will be ok with that. I kept quiet, debating all these thoughts when she smacked my head.

"Are you done dreaming?!"

I looked at her in shock. She must have been talking to me and I had completely ignored her. I smiled sheepishly at her.

"Sorry Phi.. what were you saying?"

She sighed.

"What you do in your private life is upto you. Just as long as you know that both of you will have your own respective fan service to do and do not get jealous over it."

"Phi....why would we get jealous? We aren't.. we are not..we aren't...we are just friends.."

She looked at me, smirking.

"Right. That's why he left your house wearing the t shirt I had gotten you for Christmas."

I face palmed myself! How could I forget?

"You guys have your own life too. And you of all people should know I don't care whom you date. As long as they aren't toxic for you. Man is a great guy. Just that, neither of you had struck me as being gay. Cute na, 2 of my hottest talents gay."

"Phi!!" I almost shouted, mortified and embarrassed completely by her. She laughed and laughed. She stood up, patting my shoulders comfortingly.

"Do sort it out with your parents. I hope everything will be well. And know I am here for you. But if you date Man for real, I call dibs. You got to tell me first!"

She laughed endlessly and left after saying that. I just smiled to myself at her infectious enthusiasm, thankful for such a nice manager and my thoughts then flitted to Man who has been so patient with me.

I sighed softly as I waited for him to come back, missing him already. I wasn't even dating him and I was whipped for him already.

Just then the bell rang. I went to open the door, coming face to face with Man who stood grinning, dressed in his own clothes and carrying a small backpack.

Damn, I was so whipped for this guy as a smile of my own came over my face instantly.