Gawin

The alarm went off at 5am, jarring me awake. I stirred awake, in Man's arms. I stretched abit and turned over to wrap myself around him again, nuzzling myself in his neck. Man smiled as he turned over to hug me back.

"It's way too early Phi...."

"I know but it end soon enough. What time do you end?"

"Around 10pm."

"I came pick you up. Wait for me ok?"

"You don't have to. It be so late plus you got filming yourself."

Man tutted me away and insisted he come. I shook my head and just accepted. Clearly he wasn't going to let it go. I might as well agree. I also got to see him abit more. I sat up slowly and Man sat up too, slinging his hand around me. He just hummed softly and held onto me.

I just held onto him for a bit, eventually letting go as we had work to get ready for. We showered, changed, Man did breakfast for us whilst I packed my stuff and we left the house by 6.30am. I had to report by 7.30am so thankfully there was enough time.

It was a long day and I was exhausted by the time I was done. I was walking out to the entrance with my manager chatting away about my schedule when I saw Man waiting against his car. He smiled and waved at me when he saw me.

I smiled back and my manager smirked at me. We reached him and he waiied respectfully to my manager.

"Hello Phi.."

"Man? I thought you ended filming way earlier. Still here?" She cheekily asked.

Man blushed softly. "I am here to pick up Gawin Phi. Its on the way home..."

"Ah so sweet na..."

Man blushed even more and I smacked my manager lightly on her shoulders.

"Stop teasing him na.."

"Wa, already supporting him? Tsk tsk na Gawin. Him over me already?"

"Phi!" I softly groaned and she laughed even harder.

"Kidding na. Have fun boys but please look after each other okays. And Man, so nice to know its you of all people. I don think there's a better choice out there."

Man smiled and just looked at me. "I'm not sure if I am the best choice but I will keep trying my best to be with him. Thank you for supporting, Phi."

I blushed this time as he spoke, his choice of words touching my heart hard. We waved goodbye to my manager whose boyfriend had come to pick her up.

The drive home was quiet yet comfortable. Along the way Man stopped to pick up some snacks for me so I can have it on the way. As we were turning into my street, I saw a familiar car.

I groaned inwardly. Man sensed my frustration and held onto my hand. I looked over at him and told him it was my parents. He patted my hands encouragingly.

"You have to address this at some point."

"I know. But they must be willing to listen to."

"I know. You just have to try again. Do you want me to drop you off here? But I'm not going. I'm definitely staying put."

I nodded. I had no intention of inviting them back to my place again. He parked along the road and I got out. My parents were waiting against the car. When they saw me, they stood up straighter. I waiied them as I got closer and my mom immediately came up and slapped me hard!

I was holding a bag of snacks in my hand and with that sudden slap, it just flew out of my hand!

"Mae!"

I saw Man climb out of his car instantly and wanted to come towards me and I stopped him. I nodded my head and he stopped though I could see his clenched fists and knew another thing could trigger him.

"How dare you ban me from your condo and your work place! I went to both places today and they told me I am not allowed and that the cops will be called if I insist!! How dare you?! I'm your mother!"

I looked at her. Having lost my patience, I finally snapped at her.

"Then behave like it. I don't expect you to support my every decision wholeheartedly but I expect you to respect it at least. Like what I have been doing so far of you so far. But have you been doing the same? Ask yourself that before you pull out the "mom" card on me."

There was absolute silence for a bit, only punctuated by the motorbikes that whizzed by and the soft lull of the night.